You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: ASP.NET

How to resolve Rewriteurl problem,works on localhost but it not working on my server

Are you looking for a way to resolve Rewriteurl problem ? then read this thread to know how to resolve it

rewrite url works on localhost but when uploading to server it gets the page not availabile error how to avoid this in asp .net 4.0,it is a working site in framework 3.5

my rewriter is
    <rewrite url="~/(.+).html" to="~/Content.aspx?id=$1" processing="stop"/>
    Can you post error message ? if you got only page not found page then checkout for Original URL and check where your page gets navigated
    I think compiler is unable to find 'Content.apsx' on respective path

Thanks
    Koolprasd2003
    Editor, DotNetSpider MVM
    Microsoft MVP 2014 [ASP.NET/IIS]

The Error Message:HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
    The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
    the content.aspx page is present in my site and it is works perfectly in localhost

Hello Divya,

Rebuild and Republish your application again and host it again and than. Because there might be some issues created that's why it is not able to find your page on your hosted website.

Regards,
    Nirav Lalan
    DNS Gold Member
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

i amRebuild and Republish my application again and host it again,then also the same error is got,How can i know the server has rewrite url support(godaddy server)?Is their any extra section for the rewriteurl in webconfig for framework 4

Hello Divya,

There is nothing like they use different codes. Everything is depends upon our files. I suggest you to check whether your content.aspx page is there in the project you have created.

See the attached image. I have hosted my website on BigRocks.

Every files and folders should be in httpdocs if you are not using SSL. If you are using SSL it should be in httpsdocs.

Hope you understand now.

Regards,
    Nirav Lalan
    DNS Gold Member
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Delete Attachment

• Sign In to post your comments