Introduction to Visual Studio Team Test
This chapter gives an introduction to the Visual Studio Test Test (VSTT) tool, integrated with Visual Studio Team System.
Visual Studio Team Test is a unit testing framework integrated with Visual Studio Team System. Full features of Team Test is available only in the Visual Studio Team Edition for Software Testers and Visual Studio Team Suite editions. Other editions like Visual Studio Professional, Visual Studio Team Edition for Developer etc have limited features of Team Test.
Team Test provides the following core functionalities:
- Automatic generation of test stubs for all or selected methods in your projects.
- Run unit tests within the Visual Studio IDE
- Generate reports of test results
- Code coverage analysis after completing the tests
- Perform load testing by repeatedly executing unit tests in a specified pattern and distribution of tests
- Support for manual tests by testing team
- Support for executing third party unit tests
- Organize tests in a separate project and in hierarchical manner
Next Chapter: Which edition of Visual Studio supports unit testing ?
More Chapters: Visual Studio Team Test Tutorials
More Tutorials: Tutorial Index