Is Your Business Ready For Mobile Device Users?
Are you among those who do not see mobile apps as a significant opportunity to break from the clutter? If so, you are missing the most prominent chance to reach your target audience and increase revenue.
There was a time when businesses simply required a good looking website to be visible in the market. Then came smartphone apps along offering a unique dimension in the field of marketing. As a result, companies are becoming aware of the fact that they need to embrace a mobile strategy in order to stay ahead of the competition.
Today, one can proudly say that mobile has rewritten/ redefined the rules what it means to be an effective marketer. Due to which consumer expectations have grown higher to a great extent. This also means that you're no longer competing with the best experience in your category.
Now, you're competing with the best experience a consumer has ever had. The following post simply tends to highlight the key areas which mobile app developers need to focus on before coming up with their innovation.
1. Deep Market Research- Right before you hit the market and start developing an application, it is very important for one to conduct an appropriate research. Try analyzing the market to such an extent that you get accurate insights in regards to your competitors (including strategy, strengths, weakness, etc). Using such information can successfully reduce the ratio of mistakes made by others. Plus, researchers often overlook customer reviews but have you any idea that these reviews can give you a fair glance of likes and dislikes of users about an app in particular. Don't forget considering the pain areas and resolve things accordingly in your mobile app.
2. Know your target audience- This one is pretty basic yet crucial step while creating any mobile app development strategy. Defining your target audiences in advance plays a huge impact on the development of your mobile application. Right from who will be using the app to how it's going to help your end users, all these questions need to be answered in advance. By meeting your user's expectation is the only way to make your app gain more popularity.
3. Serve something different- It is always good to be different. Now imagine you are opening a new restaurant that serves something like never before. Soon after some time, you will find people visiting your place have you wondered why? Simple, they are always looking for something new, different and fresh. Humans tend to get bored with one thing pretty easily. Same is the case with mobile applications, with millions of smartphone apps available, users always crave for something new. Thus, one should always come up with something that keeps users well engaged with your mobile app.
4. Don't keep the users waiting- Do you know that one of the major turn-offs for users is when Apps that aren't developed to perfection usually cause problems like sluggish performance and frequent ANRs (App Not Responding). In addition to this, your users may think that the app is malfunctioning. Besides, it even creates a negative impression in the user's mind offering bad experience.
In such scenarios, always try using indicators and animations just to assure them that the mobile app is working but it is simply waiting for the phone network.
5. Test your app- Try before you buy is for clothing and accessories. Similarly, test before the app hits the market. You should be able to consider in prior that how the users will see your app. Make sure that your app seems to be creative, easy to understand and deliver high performance. You can iron out any nooks and crannies by testing it before it reaches the mass market.