Student get FREE Windows 8 App Store account
There are many student who want to develop Windows 8 App while they study. To publish your Windows 8 App to store you need a Windows Store account. Student will get a free Windows Store account through DreamSpark student account
There are many student who want to develop Windows 8 App while they study. To publish your Windows 8 App to store you need a Windows Store account. According to Microsoft, Student will get a free Windows Store account with the help of their Microsoft DreamSpark student account.
[Note: Student will also get Windows Phone Dev Center account for free too at the same time]
Follow the steps to create your free Windows Store a/c:
1. Visit https://www.dreamspark.com/Student/Default.aspx and Sign in to your student account(or, Create a new student account, in case if you don't have one).
2. Verify your account as a student.
3. Now, select app development at the top. Select Learn more under Windows 8 tile.
4. Scroll down at the bottom of the page and select Get your Registration Code.
5. Now under Get Registration Code select Get code Now, a code will display. Copy down that code. This code will be used when you create a Windows store account".
6. Now Visit to the Windows Store Dev Center and Log in with your outlook/hotmail account.
7. Click Join Now at the bottom of the page.
8. Select your Country, a few options will display at the bottom. Select Enroll Now under Individual category.
9. Fill up your Account Info. Click Next.
10. Accept the developer agreement.
11. Enter the registration code that you have from the Dreamspark in the registration code box.
12. You will be balanced to zero.
13. You will be asked to enter your credit card information. This is just for identity confirmation. A small negligible amount will be charged.
14. After you filled up the credit card information, a confirmation screen will appear.
15. READ OUT THE LINES CAREFULLY. THIS IS ABOUT YOUR CREDIT CARD FINAL VERIFICATION.
16. Select Purchase now. Your Windows Store Account is created. But one more step is left. You need to verify your payment. You will get a mail of your transaction with 3 to 4 digit number code.
[Note: It may take 1-2 days to get transaction].
17. Select Dashboard from the menu of your Windows Store Dev Center and select verify your payment method. You will be asked to enter your 3-4 Digit code that appear in the transaction summary.
18. Congratulation!! You are done now. Start developing Windows 8 app to publish your first App in Windows Store Dev Center.
Windows Phone Dev Center account will also be created at the same time. Windows Phone and Windows Store account are interlinked, and thus account created in one, will also have the same account in the other.
Special Hint: Before start developing apps of your wish, try to give a unique name to your app. Reserve the name in your Windows Store account under Dashboard category and then start coding your app. This reserving app name process helps ones app to have no problem while certification. Go through all the necessary requirement for an app to get a App certification successful completion or Pass. Good Luck.