How to create a site in SharePoint:
If you are working to prepare sites under SharePoint this article will help you to prepare site under SharePoint.
Follow below steps to create Site:
1) First off all install SharePoint in your local machine for that your PC Configuration need to maintain for that.
Processor – 64 bit format
RAM - minimum 8 GB is preferable
Hard Disk – 80 GB for System content, it's depends on how much data need to store.
2) After successfully install the SharePoint in your PC with your logins then create Site go to site Actions then choose new site option. Then one pop up window will appear.
3) In that there are list of types will be shown on that pop up window choose based upon your site needed.
a) Team Site: A site for teams to quickly organize, author, and share information. It provides a document library, and lists for managing announcements, calendar items, tasks and discussions.
b) Blank Site: A blank site for you to customize based on your requirement.
4) Now, I prepare team site this will be useful when we work under a team, we give restriction to access based on user also. So, my suggestion is better to prepare Team Site.
5) Give a title and URL name for that and then click on Create button.
6) Now site is created with the name dummySite.
7) If you want to Add user, then go to Site Actions again and choose Site Permissions then choose team and then choose New Add User then one pop up window will open to add users.
8) If we want to Remove selected members in the list then Choose the checkbox before that member name and then go to Actions and choose Remove user from Group option automatically member is deleted.
Hope this article will help you those who are searching for SharePoint Site Creation and User level permissions..
Here we assigned user permission to only one site. So does the user have access only to this site or all sites under this SharePoint space? Basically I wanted to understand if we can set permissions only on a particular site or document library.
Here i give permission for that site alone. If you want ot give permission for all sites in that domain then go to root path then give permission on root path itself.
EX: here, i give permissions on http:naveen/dumySite, using this you got permission only in dumySite. If you want to give permissions to all sites under naveen then go to root directory http:naveen and then give permissions on here using this you gave permissions to all sites under root path.
Hope this will help you...
Great so it seems we can set permissions based one one site/library.
yes, we give permissions on site or library or list etc..
We give permission based on user level. If you want ot give full permission then he is able to do anything in that particular, if you give only Read permissions then he is able to do only Read that file he is unable to edit or any operation in that.