Issue: Unable to see MCMS template explore from Visual studio
I have read many forum discussions regarding the same issue. Many forums are advising to install Microsoft Content Management Server SP1a if you have not installed and it has resolved issue for many developers.
I was facing same issue. Unfortunately, it has not worked for me after installing SP1a. I managed to resolve issue by applying following solution:
• Select the Website in the application, Go to the Website tab select “Enable as MCMS Project"
• May be it will give you the error popup saying –“Can not able to write in Global variables."
• In this case go to your –solution folder.
• Remove “Read Only" for file - vwd.WebInfo and open your solution file. It will add following line to the file.
• It may ask modification in web.config-say yes
• Now you can see the option to see MCMS Explorer as follows:
• Sect the option will enable you to see MCMS template explore in your Visual Studio
Hope it will help you.
Please share you're thought if this article helped you.