Getting started with Windows Phone 7 - [Part-1]
Getting start with Windows Phone 7 development with Silverlight.
Past few days ago, I started working on Windows Phone 7, it really very amazing features and attractive UI development using siverlight (Microsoft always rich in GUI). Windows Phone 7 application is developed in C#.NET which is a .NET managed code. VB.NET is not supported for WP7 application development.
Guide of Windows Phone 7 installation:
It is very easy to install the windows phone 7 on the development machine. For installing Windows Phone 7 development machine should be suit below system requirements.
1) Supported operating systems – Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
A.Windows 7 (x86 and x64)
B.Windows Vista (x86 and x64) ENU with SP2.
2) Hard disk – Installation requires 3 GB of free disk space on the system drive.
3) Memory – 2 GB RAM.
4) Graphics card – DirectX 10 capable graphics card with a WDDM 1.1 driver.
Let's go ahead towards the development environment, for setup the Windows Phone 7 development required below list of tools. These tools are freely available on Microsoft Website.
1) Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone and no issue with Visual Studio 2010 Professional and Ultimate.(I have Ultimate)
2) Windows Phone Developer Tools (Here you can download it)
3) Microsoft Expression Blend for Windows Phone
4) XNA Game Studio
Note: Windows Phone Developer Tools is also available in German, French, Italian, and Spanish.
After installation I would recommend you to restart your development machine to integrate each and everything in properly.
Keep eye for Windows Phone 7 development series.