You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Webservices

Unable to connect to the remote server

Hi All,

I wrote a webservice that read data from another url.

When i run it within Visual studio, it work fine. But when i publish this to IIS, it return the message: "unable to connect to the remote server".

Why same program have different results like that? Could you please help me to explain this and give me the solutions to fix this problem?
    This error means your request is not able to connect web method of your web services which hosted on other machine.

so you can check the request timeout of your web services most of the time if the time is very less and request didn't receive any request on time than this error message comes.

Regards & thanks
    Arvind kumar
    Visit--blog.akumars.esoftera.in

Hello Han,

Does it allow Remote Connections?

Is it listening on port 8172?

You can verify those settings using the Management Service feature using IIS Manager in those machines.

Regards,
    Nirav Lalan
    DNS Gold Member
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Hi Nirav Lalan,

Could you please give me more details about it?

I use port 80 for this WS, and i don't know how to allow remote connections and verify settings using Management Service.

Hello Han,

Go to the Management Service page in IIS Manager and enable Remote Connections.

Regards,
    Nirav Lalan
    DNS Gold Member
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Use Webclient Class and Pull the data from the url. Instead of Webservice It is the easiest way to do it. If you want reference please refer to the below Url..
    http://www.dotnetspider.com/resources/44766-Refreshing-Cricket-Scores-Using-aspnet.aspx

SRI RAMA PHANI BHUSHAN KAMBHAMPATI

• Sign In to post your comments