You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Sharepoint

How to update lookup fields in sharepoint list

Hi,

I have a list that contains 3 lookup fields , i was trying to update the list item through custom webpart, but only one lookup field is getting updated rest fields are empty.

here the code iam using:

SPListItem itms = list.AddItem();
    web.AllowUnsafeUpdates = true;
    SPFieldLookupValue value1= new SPFieldLookupValue(Convert.ToInt32(row.Cells[0].Text) ,row.Cells[0].Text);
    itms["ClientID"] = value1;

SPFieldLookupValue value2=new SPFieldLookupValue(Convert.ToInt32(row.Cells[1].Text), row.Cells[1].Text);
    itms["ManagerID"] = value2;

SPFieldLookupValue value3 = new SPFieldLookupValue(Convert.ToInt32(row.Cells[2].Text), row.Cells[2].Text);
    itms["RecruiterID"] = value3;

SPFieldLookupValue value4 = new SPFieldLookupValue(Convert.ToInt32(drps.SelectedValue.ToString()), drps.SelectedValue.ToString());
    itms["RequirementID"] = value4;

itms.Update();
    web.AllowUnsafeUpdates = false;

only the ClientID is getting updated

what could be the reason please help.

thanks

Ginnas
    Hi ginnas,

Can you please check that field name's are correct or not. "ClientID", "ManagerID", "RecruiterID"," RequirementID", I doubted that the field names are wrong that's the reason it won't updated properly. Please check and get back if you still facing the issue..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Give respect to your work, Instead of trying to impress your boss.

N@veen
    Blog : http://naveens-dotnet.blogspot.in/

Hi naveen,

Thanks for the response, all the fields are correct only is there any other possibility to occur the error like this.

Thanks
    Ginnas

• Sign In to post your comments