You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Sharepoint

How to deploy web application with two or more site collections ?

Are you looking for a way to deploy web application with two or more site collections ? want to know on which site a deployed feature will apply ? then read this thread to know more about it

Suppose i have a web application with two or more site collections, if i deploy a feature with scope as Site, to which site collection it will be applied?
    Hai dvs karthik,
    The feature in the SharePoint is related-to the particular website solution.
    So if you are modifying or adding the new feature, it will be applied through out the web application and the sites which are the sub-sites of the main site.
    Hope it will be helpful to you.

Regards,
    Pawan Awasthi(DNS MVM)
    +91 8123489140 (whatsApp), +60 14365 1476(Malaysia)
    pawansoftit@gmail.com

As per my understanding it will be applicable at site collection as a whole.

You can refer below article if you require more details about the scope.
    pritambaldota.com/index.php/understanding-features-and-feature-scope-in-sharepoint-2010/

sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/27436/explain-it-to-me-sharepoint-deployment-scope-solution-and-features

If you find any difference please post it here...

Regards,
    Asheej T K

There are different level and feature of SharePoint deployment scope . such as SharePoint development can be scoped to the Farm, Site Collection , Web Application and Web Site etc. It is depending on the purpose of development. I suggest to use this article for more detail on feature of SharePoint deployment scope
    sharepointanswers.co.uk/q/answers-how-to-decide-at-which-level-your-solution-should-be-deployed-28252.html

If the collection is working as a Single unit the feature will be affected to the entiore collection.

if you want it for a specific site then you have to create and deploy the feature accordingly.

Thanks & Regards
    Anil Kumar Pandey
    Microsoft MVP, DNS MVM

Suppose if i am having two site collections namely Demo Collection1 and Demo Collection under my site url http://server:10000.

Now if i deploy my feature using visual studio for scope - Site.

To which site collection will it be applicable?

Hi dvs Katthik

while deploying your feature using scope as-site then it is applicable for the url which you taken while deploying.

Later you might be change to another site collection if it is necessary.

hope its clear now.. still if you have any questions please revert me back

• Sign In to post your comments