You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Sharepoint

How to learn functionality of SharePoint 2010 search in detail?

Are you looking for information on functionality of SharePoint 2010 search? Want to know how to learn functionality of SharePoint 2010 search in detail? Read this thread to learn more about functionality of SharePoint 2010 search with examples.

Hi Experts,

Can you please provide me information of SharePoint 2010 search functionalaity. Also suggest if words Metadata and Taxonomy are related to search.

Regards,
    Sagar
    hi sager,
    so many contents are expained inthis link ..pls refer this
    http://technet.microsoft.com/
    en-us/sharepoint/ff960998.aspx

SharePoint 2010 Search Functions & Features
    Basic Search
    On a SharePoint site, you can search content by typing in a keyword or a search string in the search box. Note you can type multiple keywords or a complex search string if you wish.
    Search Scope
    If you know ahead of time which site you are interested in searching, you can refine search results and speed up the search process by choosing a search scope in the dropdown list

Closest match
    If you misspell a word in the search string, SharePoint will ask you Did you mean_closest match

Refinement Panel
    On the search results page, you can see a Refinement Panel on the left hand side of the page. You can refine your search results here by selecting different property values such as file type, site location, author and modified date:

Alert Me
    SharePoint Search feature Alert Me is used for keeping track of changes in search results. On the search result page, click on the Alert Me icon on the right upper corner:

RSS Feed

The RSS Feed feature in SharePoint Search allows you to keep an up-to-date version of search results by subscribing to a specific search page.
    in more detaill Yor refer the Link
    http://www.dynamics101.com/2013/04/sharepoint-2010-search-functions/

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.