You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Sharepoint

Shapoint jobs for begginer

Are you looking for a way to learn sharepoint ? want Shapoint jobs for begginer ? then read this thread to know more about it

Hi

I am newbies in sharepoint with some programming knowledge in FoxPro, C and cobol.

I dont have knowledge abount dot net and learning online sharepoint 2010 administration course where no knowledge about dot net knowledge require as there is no codeing.

My problem is, When I am trying to apply for SharePoint jobs , most of the jobs like this :

SharePoint Administrator - 4 years hands on experience requirs

SharePoint Executive or Consultant - For fresher (but asp.net and C# knowledge requirs)

I could not also try for Microsoft Sharepoint admin cert, as this year they conducting last batch for sharepoint 2010 (I also dont have working knowledge in sharepoint admin.)

Pls suggest

Thanks,

Sushma
    Share point is Business Data Connectivity (BDC) Model project types that needs the knowledge of C#.NET atleast.
    You need to start with some basic concept of C# like OOPS concept its features and some what hands on visual studio environment. it will really helpful to get the basic concept of sharepoint.
    so in my suggestion you should go for .NET first and then sharepoint.

Thanks
    Koolprasd2003
    Editor, DotNetSpider MVM
    Microsoft MVP 2014 [ASP.NET/IIS]

Hi,

First off all decide by your self..

You are became a SharePoint Developer or SharePoint Administrator.

If you are a fresher my suggestion is to learn SharePoint in Admin level and try to get a job using Admin level knowledge in SharePoint.

If you are intrested to do SharePoint Developer then you must should have a knowledge in both SharePoint developing tools as well as Application wise (.NET ) also.

In market SharePoint having bright future now. If you want o learn that in admin level my suggestion is to join in any famous institute and learn from starting to ending all points.

Hope this will help you..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Give respect to your work, Instead of trying to impress your boss.

N@veen
    Blog : http://naveens-dotnet.blogspot.in/

Hi Naveen,

Even i want to learn more about SharePoint Admin coz dont have much knowledge of .net(practical knowldege). I had read your earlier posts where you mentioned online study is very effective. Do we really need to join a institute for certification in Admin?

Regards,
    Sagar

Hi Naveen,

Can you also help me to understand the system requirements for installing Sharepoint application on home machine. I tried to get this information from Google but its very difficult to find the correct configration. Thus thought to confirm from the experts here.

Regards,
    Sagar

Hi Sagar,

If you want to do SharePoint in admin level no need to know the knowledge in .NET wise but you must have a knowledge in all admin level information.

And if you want to install SharePoint in your PC then you PC Hardware configuration like 64 bit format is mandatory and better to use 8GB RAM.

Hope this will help you..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Give respect to your work, Instead of trying to impress your boss.

N@veen
    Blog : http://naveens-dotnet.blogspot.in/

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.