You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

Skills for experienced person.

Hi.
    I am working in a company in the DOT NET platform for the past 1.5 years, so can any one can tell what are the key skills i need to develop to attend the next job. i know ASP.NET, SQL 2008, MVC3, JQUERY.
    Hi Rajeesh,

you continue with same job upto 3 years. Why because there is no openings for 1.5 years. If you go with that experience you got a job in small companies only but CMMlevel 5 companies you can't get using that experience. My suggestion is Continue with same job untill you got 3 years of experience.

And My suugestion is apart from DotNet you should learn SharePoint, now a days both combination is very valuable. In your resume you mentioned .net with SQL, Sharepoint then your resume become very valuable. And as a developer we should have a minimum knowledge of javascript and Reporting concepts also.

This information is helpful to you..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Give respect to your work, Instead of trying to impress your boss.

N@veen
    Blog : http://naveens-dotnet.blogspot.in/

It is usefull to me.. Thank you.

Hi

You are on the right track by learning latest tech like MVC/Jquery. However in order to create more n more opportunities for you, may try your hands on WCF/WPF as well. Main thing you need to remember while going for the interviews is the basics in the subject. You need to be strong in the basics and then you can confidently crack the interviews.

Hi Raajesh.
    You are in an initial period of career so my suggestion would be that you should focus on the fundamentals and basics of OOPS, .net, database (sql/oracle). You should be confident on all those work you have worked on till now and finally be true to the interviewer. It puts a good impression on interviewer if you are true to him. Say whatever you know and you have worked on instead of telling the fake things. It will help you in your future prospects. As you have mentioned that you know MVC3 and Jquery. This is the best part of your work experience. Most of the organisations have been asking the candidates for these technologies. That's really good to know that you have worked on these.
    All the best.

Thanks

Reena

Hi,
    You can explore more in advance technologies of .net. As you are aware of MVC3, I suggest you to study MVC4 in which Web-Api template has been newly introduced. You can implement and see how it works. It is good to know that jQuery is already in your skillset, so you can use that also while developing any MVC application.
    Apart from these, you can learn ajax, Microsoft dynamics,mobile development to enhance your skillset.
    Wish you all the best!
    I hope it is useful for you.
    Best regards,
    Prachi Kulkarni.

Hai Rajesh,
    The technologies which you have mentioned are good and cutting edge technologies. You should also concentrate on the WCF and Web Services as it is in the main demand now a days. Brush-up the basics more as it will be helpful in everywhere.
    If you want to go with some advanced in the future then you can go with the Axapta, dynamics etc.
    Hope it will be helpful to you.

Regards,
    Pawan Awasthi(DNS MVM)
    +91 8123489140 (whatsApp), +60 14365 1476(Malaysia)
    pawansoftit@gmail.com

Please don't change the company .Please stay there for atleast for 2 years.To move up in your career. Please concentrate on WebService and WCF .If not webservice concentrate on WCF which will be hot going forward.As the technology slowly shifts gears from Webworld to App world study on HTML5,JQUERY and CSS3 which will add value to your profile And also gain more knowledge on MVC4 becoz many companies ask MVC developers in specific.If possible learn cloud computing which will be future world.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.