You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

Are open source solutions costlier than .net?

Are you looking for information on costing of open source solutions? Want to know are open source solutions costlier than .net? Read this thread to learn more about cost estimation with examples.

Why using open source solutions are costlier than .net ones? Can you please explain?
    Hi Farzin.
    Open source solutions are cheaper than .Net solutions as the open source codes are easily available free of cost. They are easy to modify and integrate to your own application. Unlikely, .Net solution code are not easy to modify and they are not easily available. .Net solutions are licensed ones.

Thanks

Reena

In this forum someone suggested otherwise. That was why I got mistaken. Thank you

dear, Open source software are cheap.Easily we can buy a open source software which we can modify according to our requirement.

Hi,
    Open sources are cheaper in terms of cost involved.
    License software are comparatively higher in cost than open source.
    I hope it is useful for you.

Best regards,
    Prachi Kulkarni.

Open source is cheap but if not implemented properly or if you dont have enough knowledge about the technology or product can be costlier for you.

Also open source has limited scope of support provided. So it all depends upon your need.
    Hope It Helps

Imran Ansari
    Sr. Software Engineer
    Gtalk: imranbluffy
    Yahoo: imranonline2
    My Personal blog: being-imran.blogspot.com
    Email: imranbluffy@gmail.com

hii
    Open sources are cheaper in terms of cost involved.
    License software are comparatively higher in cost than open source.

Regards.
    ketan

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.