You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: [About DotNetSpider]

Check Copies on Web: 1 2 3 4

Are you looking for information on "Check copies on web" in DNS ? want to know what is the use of it ? then read this thread to know more about it

Hi.
    When we post any answer for any query on DNS, immediately after posting it we get something like following added at the top of our post.
    "Check Copies on Web: 1 2 3 4"

I dont understand what is this all about. What does this indicate?
    Hai ,

Reena if your copy pasting anything Internet it will come like this ; So don't copy past .

If you need any kind of help email me :
    musathikfccqatar@gmail.com

But I doubt this function works or not. It gives some junk result. As for me is concerned it has to be improved.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Danasegarane Arunachalam

http://www.techreceipe.tk/

Hi,

Click on each link and see what is happening. Most of the options are self explanatory.

It selects some texts from the post and search in google automatically and show you if the content is showing in anohter website or not.

Regards,
    Asheej T K

Thanks Asheej.
    What is its significance if my content is showing in one more sites or not? Does it make any difference? And if it makes any difference then how does it affect me?

Thanks

Reena

This facility is work with google search. Pick some content from your thread and help you find the similar text on web.
    Basically it will help to prevent Copy Right Violation rules.
    for more information switch to following link

http://www.dotnetspider.com/general/ContentCopyCheck.aspx

Thanks
    Koolprasd2003
    Editor, DotNetSpider MVM
    Microsoft MVP 2014 [ASP.NET/IIS]

it is against the rules if the post is a direct copy paste from other sites.
    so it may get deleted/get no points later when it is reviewed by editors using the same search in Google.

so before posting the content if you are in doubt, you may check for copies on web using the option.

Regards,
    Shine

Hi.
    I never done copy/paste from anywhere. I post my own content but still it shows the no of pages on the web.

Thanks

Reena

Hi.
    When I click and check the pages (page nos), I don'find any resemblance to my posted content on DNS.

Thanks

Reena

this option is available to all. it does not mean your posts are copied one.
    if its your own post no need to check it.
    more over, later you can check it to find if somebody else copied your content from here to other sites.

Regards,
    Shine

Hai Reena,
    I think you are getting confused with the numbers. The number indicates that how many lines you have in your post. So it basically checks for the full stops in your content and based on the full stops it will get the number of lines. If your post is having 2 lines, it will show only 1 2.
    Now when you click on 1, then it will take it as the input and search in the Google to check the same content.
    So this is the extra functionality where the user can check their own content whether the same content is posted to another site or not and then they can post it to here.
    Hope it will be helpful to you.

Regards,
    Pawan Awasthi(DNS MVM)
    +91 8123489140 (whatsApp), +60 14365 1476(Malaysia)
    pawansoftit@gmail.com

Hi.
    Thanks Pawan for this information. This is what I was looking for.

Thanks

Reena

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.