You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

Currently I changed platform how not degrade my asp.net knowledge?

Are you looking for information on asp.net knowledge enhancement? Want to know how to overcome fear that I degrade my asp.net knowledge as I have recently changed platform? Read this thread to learn more about guidance regarding above mentioned scenario.

Hi,

Currently I changed the platform php.

I afraid whether my asp.net knowledge is degrade.

How I overcome this?
    Hai Sidharthan,
    As you have posted that you have recently changed your profile to PHP which is also server side web technology. There also you will get all these concepts which are in ASP.Net but the things is there syntax are different as compare to ASP.Net code syntax.
    So if you want to be still with the ASP.Net, you should keep on learning and do revision so that things will be in your mind and you will not forget them easily. Make the comparison between the ASP.Net concept and PHP concept so that you can understand in better way.
    Hope it will be helpful to you.

Regards,
    Pawan Awasthi(DNS MVM)
    +91 8123489140 (whatsApp), +60 14365 1476(Malaysia)
    pawansoftit@gmail.com

Basically any developer if changes the languages that it doesn't meand the older knowledge is wastes, because only the syntax are changed but logic and other stuff still usefull.
    it doesn't matter in which language you are working only the requirement is awareness of some syntax of that languages.

Regards & thanks
    Arvind kumar
    Visit--blog.akumars.esoftera.in

Hi Sidharthan.
    If you have moved on PHP then why you are afraid of loosing dot.net. Yes thats true unless you keep working on dot.net you degrade your knowledge on dot.net day by day. In my opinion you should stick to one technology because you cannot master in every technology. PHP has also a good scope.

Thanks

Reena

reena: thanks for advice.

Hi Sidharthan,

Don't think like that i understand your feeling but you have some knowledge in ASP.net, but there is no gurantee we still continue in the same technology we don't no about our future so you mingle with all the technologies, and if you are not satisfied with that new one then releave your job and try in out side any company based on your experience. If you have more than 3 years experience in ASP.net my suggestion is releave that job and search in outside, if you are a fresher or you have 1 year experience better to improve your knowledge in PHP also..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Give respect to your work, Instead of trying to impress your boss.

N@veen
    Blog : http://naveens-dotnet.blogspot.in/

Hi,
    Even though you have changed your technology, you can still keep in touch with previous technology by contributing your skills here.
    Wish you all the best! I am sure you will also get expertise in new technology.

Best regards,
    Prachi Kulkarni.

hi,
    i want to tell just one thing,that practise makes man perfect,
    try to revise the concepts of asp.net..syntax difference..is main problem don't worry ..revise the topics of it.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.