You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: .NET

How to restrict to see my source code from others

I developed a class library in C# .NET and i gave it to another developer.
    he added reference my dll to his project. In his debug mode, when he access my dll function (step in / F11), he can able to see my dll function source code.

I want to restrict to see my source code from other developer.

How to do?
    Hai Senthilsathya,
    This is the good question s it can be used at many places for all of us who develop the class libraries and use in their projects.
    Actually if you just provide the dll to other developer and they can use it, the whole source code can be seen.
    So you need to decompile your source code by using some tools like Obfuscator is one of the tool which comes as integrated with the .net
    You can make use of that tool and then decompile your library. After decompile, it will generate the decompiled version which is not understandable. But still the decompiled version of source code will be seen.But its useless.
    To get more details about the tool you can go to the below link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obfuscator

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Regards,
    Pawan Awasthi(DNS MVM)
    +91 8123489140 (whatsApp), +60 14365 1476(Malaysia)
    pawansoftit@gmail.com

Hi Senthilsathya.
    I think there is no such way that you can completely hide the source code of dll from others. But off course you can make use of Dotfuscator which is available free with Visual Studio. It actually translated the code into a non understandable or weird code.

Thanks

Reena

Classes are compiled in .Net, so its safe to write all your business logic in a class. Also write procedure to avoid SQL injections. Though it is not 100% fool proof, but its safe.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.