You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

Need suggestion on doing MBA

Are you looing for a suggestion on doing MBA ? then read this thread to know more about it

I have 2+ years experience in IT sector, I love to do programming but I am scared of career growth in this sector, Maximum of my friends are aspirant of CAT and doing MBA or preparing to get admission in good business schools, should I go for MBA or stick to this?
    Vinay,

I am not sure what kind of career growth you are expecting and on what basis you are telling there is no career growth in IT field. Anyway if you are scared about career growth then you will find it tough in any field you go. You have to always give importance of your interest, if you start doing the work which you like you can chine every where irrespective of the fields.

If you want to be a good programmer you have to do a lot of hard work because continuous learning is required unlike other fields.

Finally it is up to you to decide which one suites you better depends upon the interest and knowledge you have.

Regards,
    Asheej T K

What growth you expect from IT field as programmer ? If you are on top of the hill in any field then it will be like a star in your career. Do you think does MBA gives you your expected career growth ? or you want to do MBA just because of your friends do that ?
    Look at yourself identify your Area of interest. Don't follow the people always. I have seen many of my friends who spoil their carrer just because of friends decision.
    If you have interest in programming go on same way, try to grab as much knowledge as you can. Use the same in industary and show them you can serve them better. Surely your career will be get a Meaningful Growth.

Best of luck

Thanks
    Koolprasd2003
    Editor, DotNetSpider MVM
    Microsoft MVP 2014 [ASP.NET/IIS]

Hi Asheej,
    I met with so many seniors and all have one thing to say go for MBA if you want handsome salary,Because in IT sector onsite oppurtunity too less now a days,Companies are not giving good increment as well as promotion has become very limited.Once you will gather MBA degree the same company will give you good salary,I am very much interested in programming and love to do programming but when i compare myself with my seniors and my feriends who opted for MBA are at better position than me then i thing of MBA ..

Hi Prasad,
    I also know that if you are on the top of the hill in any fiels than you will be at very good postion,My question was not that..My area of interest is programming and i love to do programming but it's about growth how much i can grow if i put the same effort..

Hai Vinay,
    As you have 2+ yrs exp in programming so it will not be useful to do MBA at this stage. It might be useful up to extent when you will have 6 + yrs exp as that time you will be having enough experience in the programming and you will be moving towards the management and also you will have some tasks related to it.
    So I think for now you should concentrate more on the programming as you love to do the programming.
    If you don't want to continue with the programming, then you can go for another field as MBA and then search the related job.
    Hope it will be helpful to you.

Regards,
    Pawan Awasthi(DNS MVM)
    +91 8123489140 (whatsApp), +60 14365 1476(Malaysia)
    pawansoftit@gmail.com

Hi Vinay.
    As you said that you love to do programming, then I must say there is no reason to have any doubt. What I think that instead of following others we should follow our self. Believe me, programmers have brights future specially when you a good programmer.
    So my suggestion would be to stay with your current profile and later on may be after couple of years toy can go for a part time MBA...

Thanks

Reena

Hi Vinay,
    Programmers have good scope in the market and if you really feel that you can do well in programming then choose it as a career. Doing MBA is also a good choice if you have good managerial skills, decision making power, good communication skills , etc. After MBA, you have to work on those aspects.
    Programming needs to be done by person who has good analytical skills and problem solving abilities.
    In terms of technical aspects, you can grow if you choose programming as a career. After enough experience in IT , you will get lead positions , managerial positions as well.

I hope it is useful for you.
    Best regards,
    Prachi Kulkarni.

hi,
    if u think that you have good management capability then go for m.b.a. first of all choose what you like to do.programming or marketing.your decision is depends upon your what you like to be.

Regards
    ketan

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.