You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: ASP.NET

Ajax update progerss not working in server

Hi all
    Im using update progress of ajax in my project .Its working well im my system iis but not coming while adding the same copy to server.what may the reason.Adding process is slow as i want to send email and sms in the same button so i put update progress which is working also.but cant understand why its not working in server machine. is that machine missing any plugin ..

Thanks in Advance
    Amrutha
    Hi Amrutha,

Does the server have the AJAX Extensions installed?

if Ajax is not installed correctly.

What framework you used?

Please deploy the following web.config.

<httpHandlers>
    <remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/>
    <add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
    <add verb="GET" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler" validate="false"/>
    </httpHandlers>
    <compilation debug="true">
    <assemblies>
    <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
    </assemblies>
    </compilation>

The waiting time might be less in terms of local machine, the server act very fast this does not have enough time to display progress.

Put some wait while processing and then check weather it is coming or not.

Thanks & Regards
    Anil Kumar Pandey
    Microsoft MVP, DNS MVM

Hi Amrutha,
    Make sure to install AjaxControlToolkit on your server. If AjaxControlToolkit is not installed in the server then none of the Ajax control will work for you.

Also make sure to add the AjaxControlToolkit dll in your bin folder.

Regards,
    Asheej T K

Hi all thanks for the response

Velkumar i tried your code in web config which is not working.. Ajax tool kit is installed because all the remaining controls i used like tab,modal popup,autofill working.But this udate progress only not working.. I need that control beause sending email and sms along with adding . Adding also not take place

Try to introduce artificial delay by using system.thread.sleep so that you can able to see the Progress Template text.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks & Regards

Bunty

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.