You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Silverlight

Is Silverlight the way to the future?

Hi Friends,

Recently i have started to working with silverlight applications along with the WCF RIA Services,MVVM,C# and VS 2010 SP1.I would like to know about the future scope of silverlight application because already came out of HTML5 in the market.Kindly can anyone guide me because i'm worried about my future.The reason is silverlight application will be going to dead in the future when HTML5 is growing more in the market.

Thanks,
    Krishna.K
    Hi Krishna,

Nothing to worry about the future of Silverlight, WCF, MVM etc. As long as Microsoft release new version .NET all this technologies will be hot. Regarding the Silverlight compared to the initial year it is slighly dipping due to HTML5 and Microsoft is not promoting Silverlight as they did earlier but nothing to worry about it as hundreds of companies are still using this technology.

Regards,
    Asheej T K

I dont think so that Silverlight is going to be dead in future there are a lot of scope for the same. and these things are created using future in mind.

SO nothing to worry about the same as the silverlight is the strong competitor for Flash for a Rich GUI using .net platform.

Thanks & Regards
    Anil Kumar Pandey
    Microsoft MVP, DNS MVM

Hello,

Silverlight is very important and strategic for Microsoft.

When you invest in learning Silverlight, you get the ability to do any kind of development from business to entertainment across screens from browser to mobile to living room, for fun, profit, or both.

Regards
    Rajesh

Regards
    Mr.Rajesh
    Software Engg.

Hi,
    Currently HTML 5 is having the upper hand and most of the company are having existing webpages coded in HTML, so it will take some time for them to get these things converted in to Silverlight. From MS side silverlight is the only contender for Adobe Flex, so this will not go down.

All is well.
    Thanks,
    Dharma
    Editor,Mentor,MVM
    Try and fail but don't fail and try

Hi Friends,
    Thanks to all for your valuable information.

Regards,
    Krishna.K

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.