This resource will be reviewed shortly.
If you think this resource contain inappropriate content, please report to webmaster.
The year is coming to an end and search engine optimization experts are quite happy because 2017 is an uneventful year from the SEO perspective. Except Fred, Google didn’t release any major algorithm update. So, what can you expect in 2018?
Since Google didn’t release many updates this year, their focus was on mobile optimization, user experience, and machine learning. These trends won’t disappear soon and that is why you need to understand the 3 crucial SEO concepts that will play a huge role in 2018.
Mobile First Indexing: Google said that mobile-first indexing is the new standard to decide the rank of your website on SERP. So, this basically means ranking pointers will come from the mobile version of your website, not the desktop version. Having a mobile friendly website is not good anymore, it’s about considering mobile as a completely separate and vital entity, and focusing on mobile SEO. To know more visit Tayloright.com.
Here are some of the things you can do
- Audit your mobile website to find out if anything needs to be fixed
- Fix the broken links and optimize the images for faster loading
- Improve usability factors such as font size, navigation etc.
Featured Snippets: We all know what featured snippets are and how much people love them because they get the answers to their questions without visiting any website, right from the SERP. But the question is how do you make sure that your website content gets featured in “Featured Snippets”?
- At first, you should do keyword research to find out the possible questions that you can answer with brief facts. For example, a bakery can answer “what’s in a black forest cake?”
- See the type of featured snippets ranking in your industry. Video, list, or maybe tables? Try to create a similar resource.
- Offer a clear answer to the query and make sure the answer is written at the top half of your web page, not below.
Voice Search: Gone are the days of typing queries into Google search. Now you have virtual assistants like Google Assistant, Apple Siri, and Microsoft Cortana. People speak to their smartphones and get answers based on their geographical location. For instance, Movie Theater near me? Café in this city? Where is the nearest ATM? They either get a direct voice answer or the virtual assistant shows Google results to the mobile owner. So, how do you make sure that your website pops up when someone searches using voice search tools?
- Get Google My Business listing right now
- Optimize for long tail keywords and natural spoken language
- Utilize structured data markup to provide virtual assistants more information about your website
- Create FAQ pages to give quick answers
2018 will surely be a lot more exciting and new, innovative ways of search will be introduced. Look beyond the keywords and articles, pay more attention to machine-human interaction, and try to give users the best experience possible. Hope you get all the success in your career.