1. Framework 4.6
2. Open source in VS2015
3. C# 6.0
4. Entity framework 7.0
5. Blend for visual studio 2015
6. Cross platform mobile development
7. Architecture , design and modelling
8. Asp.net tooling features
In vs2015 framework 4.6 version will release. Previous version of framework version 4.5.3. This version is a last updating of framework. In this version some new features will added,
• Base class library changes
• Support for code page encodings
• Improvements to event tracing
• 64-bit JIT compiler for managed code
• Support for converting Date Time to or from Unix time
• ASP.NET Model Binding supports Task returning methods
• Channel support for managed Event Source instrumentation
• Assembly loader improvements
Open source in VS2015
In vs2015 will be available for windows, Linux and mac. Mac and Linux support will come soon and it's all going to happen in the open on GitHub at https://github.com/aspnet. This is new sign of improvement by Microsoft. GitHub is a repository which contains all libraries for .net core development. All open source through the .NET Foundation, and takes contributions in GitHub.
Features in GitHub:
• Share a collection in such a way that its consumer can be assured that the collection will never change.
• Provide implicit thread safety in multi-threaded applications. No locks required to access collections.
• Follow functional programming practices.
• Modify a collection during enumeration, while ensuring that the original collection does not change.
One more new thing in VS2015 is C#6.0
• Method and property expression
• Auto properties for read-only
• Exception filters
• Index initializers
• String interpolation
• Null conditional operators
• Primary constructor
• Using clauses for static classes
Entity framework 7.0
Entity framework is a model what data is required to fulfil our business needs and then we build our software bottom up from the database schema. This model let us persist them in a data store by defining a DbContext class for our model classes. Model classes are lot cleaner since there is no (or very minimal) persistence related code in the models. The persistence layer can be changed without having any impact on the models. Ability to start development faster (without waiting for the database and to be ready and mature).
In this new version of entity framework gives new platform and data stores. This as support relation and non-relational data store such as azure table storage and redis. Its support device base like Windows Phone, Windows Store, ASP.NET 5, and traditional desktop application can now use Entity Framework.
• XAML intellisense
• Highlight User Interface with Visual Studio
• Basic Debugging Capabilities
• Peek in XAML
• File Reload Experience Enhanced
• Synchronized Layout and Setting
• Team Explorer
• Better Accessibility
Cross platform mobile development
Now a day's application programming demand based to be support multiple devices with different platform like Android, ios, windows etc. for writing programming with three different language is not feasible for developer and organisation also, While this is a simple straight forward approach it amounts to considerably more expensive development cost and time.so Microsoft plans to avoid this situation in future.
You can use visual studio 2015 for cross platform mobile development with Xamarin. So that Visual Studio to share reuses, build, deploy, and debug your cross-platform mobile code. Create projects from templates for Android Native Activity apps, or for shared code libraries that you can use on multiple platforms and in Xamarin native Android applications. C++ is unique as it provides the ability to write efficient, fast and feature rich cross-platform mobile code once which can then be shared across these different device platforms. Beside the Xamarin partnership and their great solutions for C# cross platform development, Microsoft is also heavily investing in C++ cross platform development with Visual Studio 2015. Visual Studio Emulator for Android either in a cross-platform project in Visual Studio (Xamarin or C++), or in Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova. The emulator allows you to switch between different platform emulators without Hyper-V conflicts. It supports GPS/Location, accelerometer, screen rotation, zoom, SD card, and network access.
Architecture, design and modelling
In software requirement document need to explain project with more diagram read less code when we use these diagram.
• Class View and Object Browser
• Filter relationships to make diagrams easier to read
• Layer diagrams to describe the desired dependencies for your software.
• UML class diagrams
• Sequence diagrams
• Architecture views are use case view, logical view, process view and deployment view.
Asp.net tooling features
• JSON Editor Improvement
• HTML Editor
• CSS/LESS/Sass Editor
• Browser Link
• WebJobs Tooling
• WebJobs SDK
• ASP.NET Web API 5.2.2
• NuGet 2.8.3
• ASP.NET Identity 2.1.0
1. Framework 4.6
Thanks for posting the updates of Asp.net..