How to choose the right outsourcing partner while outsourcing to India
Outsourcing work to India began in 1990's. It is one of the ways to save labor cost and production costs and overheads. It is possible to achieve significant success if the outsourcing to India is planned in a proper way and a long term strategy is planned. This article lists out some good practices to realize the best outcome when you are outsourcing to India.
Choosing the right outsourcing partner while outsourcing to India
The companies in USA began to outsource their services and job works to India in the 1990's. It is one of the ways the companies can reduce the overhead costs, production costs etc. India offers cheap labor who work for very much reduced salaries. One of the most difficult task for a company in USA is choosing a correct outsourcing partner. The companies can achieve a great success if outsourcing to India is planned in a proper manner with a long term strategy. Let us see how to outsource to India. Please follow the simple guidelines given below to choose the right outsourcing partner while outsourcing to India.
- Constitute a committee to study whether outsourcing to India would be profitable: The first thing a company should do before outsourcing to India is to study whether outsourcing to India will maximize their profits.
- Plan the areas of your business that you want to outsource to India: Once you study and find that outsourcing to India is profitable, you have to select the area of the business that you want to outsource to India. Estimate the costs and human resources required during the planning, and implementation phases.
- Check for proven track record of selected outsourcing partner: Once you select the outsourcing partner in India, you need to find out more about the experience of the business partner, the number of projects that they handled, the kind of customers they serviced etc. Find out whether the outsourcing partner selected by you can deliver the services within the time frame given by you. This would help you to know whether the selected business partner is suitable to you or not for outsourcing to India.
- Ask for references : Before finalizing the contract to outsource to India, ask your outsourcing partner to give references of their clients. You can judge the quality of service, timely deliveries of your outsourcing partner from the references. Once you contact the customers of your outsourcing partner, you will come to know about the abilities of your outsourcing partner.
- Find out the business aims of the outsourcing partner: One of the important points to be kept in mind is to check if the business partner's objectives match with your business aims. Explain your business goals to the outsourcing partner, and ensure that outsourcing partner understands your requirements clearly.
- Check for financial stability of the offshore partner: Another important point to be kept in mind while selecting an outsourcing partner in India is to check whether the outsourcing partner is financially secure because this is the critical factor for outsourcing. You can also find out more about the experience of the managers and other employees of the outsourcing partner in India. With such an information, you can analyze whether the outsourcing partner selected is suitable for your business or not.
- Make sure of the cultural compatibility: The next important factor to be considered for outsourcing to India is to make sure that you and your outsourcing partner in India are culturally compatible so that your business partner understands your company and your employees.
- Ask for samples: Ask for some samples so that you can better understand whether your outsourcing partner matches your expectations or not. Sample will also give you an idea about the outsourcing partner's capability, and expertise and the quality of work.
- Make sure about the communication: One more important point to be kept in mind while outsourcing to India is to ensure that your outsourcing partner understands your language and can speak your language. A good communication can ensure a good outsourcing relationship. Also make sure that the outsourcing partner is available on 24X7x365 basis via phone, email and chatting etc.
- Check whether post development support can be provided : Make sure that the outsourcing partner can provide support services after completion of the given project. This will help you to resolve any issues which might come up after implementation of the project.
These are some of the important factors to be considered before finalizing the contract with the outsourcing partner in India.