New Members FAQ
Dynamically add or delete a row when inputting data
When inputting data, users often need to add, delete and insert rows dynamically. Moreover, the newly added rows should automatically generate the same properties with existing rows. Such as edit style, auto computation and validation.
It’s not easy to achieve these functions with common reporting tools. Especially for group report and subdivision input report, it’s more complex. Because users should be able to select a report region, and insert, delete or add rows in the selected region.
To achieve these functions by programming, there are a lot of difficulties.
1. It’s required to keep a record of each addition, modification, and deletion.
3. For group report and subdivision input report, the report region selected for addition and deletion needs to be identified intelligently.
4. Users have to take many details into consideration. For example, when adding a row, properties like edit style, auto computation, validation need to be dynamically parsed to the newly added row. For these properties often relate to the data of current row, it will be of great difficulty. Moreover, as some automatic computations are global, their expressions need to be dynamically parsed according to the data of all rows. The summation function sum () is an example.
5. The new row may have some default properties like dynamic sequential number.
As a wonderful Web reporting tool, RAQ Report takes great effort to solve this problem. As a result, the Row report mode of RAQ report has fundamentally solved the above problems of dynamic additions and deletions. With RAQ Report, users can achieve these functions easily.
1. Set Report style as Row report and set Input type as Input Report.
2. Define properties like Edit style, Auto compute, Sequential Number and Validation according to requirements.
3. Add properties like insertRowLabel, appendRowLabel, deleteRowLabel to the jsp file.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Dynamically add or delete a row when inputting data"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Sort DataGridView in Run Time
Code to Get a snap shot of window using c#.net
Return to Resources
Post New Resource
Post resources and
Sort DataGridView in Run Time
Attach Files to mail using C#
how to apply true / false with out using keywords
Make perfect title area for report with reporting tool
TIPS ON HIRING THE ASP.NET PROGRAMMERS
Tag posting guidelines
Dynamically add rows
Dynamically delete rows
Last 7 Days
Naved Hasan ...
Awards & Gifts
Articles Rss Feeds
Forum Rss Feeds
Talk to Webmaster Tony John
Revenue Sharing sites
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India
2005 - 2013 All Rights Reserved.
.NET and other trademarks mentioned in this site belong to Microsoft and other respective trademark owners.
Articles, tutorials and all other content offered here is for educational purpose only.
We are not associated with Microsoft or its partners.