Directions: Give the synonyms for the following words
1. Depreciation: deflation, depression, devaluation, fall, slump
2. Deprecate : feel and express disapproval,
3. Incentive : thing one encourages one to do (stimulus)
4. Echelon : level of authority or responsibility
5. Innovation : make changes or introduce new things
6. Intermittent : externally stopping and then starting
7. Detrimental: harmful
8. Conciliation : make less angry or more friendly
9. Orthodox: conventional or traditional, superstitious
10. Fallible : liable to error
11. Volatile : ever changing
12. Manifest: clear and obvious
13. Connotation : suggest or implied meaning of expression
14. Reciprocal: reverse or opposite
15. Agrarian : related to agriculture
16. Vacillate : undecided or dilemma
17. Expedient : fitting proper, desirable
18. Simulate : produce artificially resembling an existing one.
19. Access : to approach
20. Compensation: salary
21. Truncate : shorten by cutting
22. Adherence : stick
23. Heterogeneous: non similar things
24. Surplus : excessive
25. Assess : determine the amount or value
26. Cognizance : knowledge
27. Retrospective : review
28. Naive : innocent, rustic
29. Equivocate : tallying on both sides, lie, mislead
30. Postulate : frame a theory
31. Latent : dormant, secret
32. Fluctuation : wavering,
33. Eliminate : to reduce
34. Affinity : strong liking
35. Expedite : hasten
36. Console : to show sympathy
37. Adversary : opposition
38. Affable : lovable or approachable
39. Decomposition : rotten
40. Agregious : apart from the crowd, especially bad
41. Conglomeration: group, collection
42. Aberration: deviation
43. Augury : prediction
44. Creditability : ability to common belief, quality of being credible
45. Coincident: incidentally
46. Constituent : accompanying
47. Differential : having or showing or making use of
48. Litigation : engaging in a law suit
49. Moratorium: legally or officially determined period of delay before fulfillment of the agreement of paying of debts.
50. Negotiate : discuss or bargain
51. Preparation : act of preparing
52. Preponderant : superiority of power or quality
53. Relevance : quality of being relevant
54. Apparatus : appliances
55. Ignorance : blindness, in experience
56. Obsession: complex enthusiasm
57. precipitate : speed, active
Directions: In the following questions complete the series
NOTE: This section is quite tough and consists of 26 questions to be done in 10 minutes. Please keep track of time.
1. A C B D E F G I - I H K J L
2. A I Z B E Y C I X D I - G E N J W
3. A D G J M P - R W T S
4. A B C E F G I J K - M L O N P
5. A B F G K L P Q - T S V U W
6. J W X U V S T - Q P S E T
7. A R H X Y T D T W S T - N P T K R
8. F M B I P Z V I E V - I R Y O U
9. N Z I Y C X KW F - J F V M Y
10. A A S A S P A S P K A - R Q T S U
11. A E C P S - T R U E
12. B B P R D D L N F F I K - H Q J I K
13 A Z E X I V M T - R Q N S O
14. A B D G K P - L I W U X
15. B C D A E G H I F J L M N L K N M O
16. X W E F G V U H I J K - P N S R T
17. O D J T O P Q N O E R T - Q O U V W
18. P R N U U P E J R B B - H V U N E
19.L U L M G M N F N P S - O N Q P S
1. 420% OF 7.79 = ?
2. 3427 / 16.53 = ?
3. 10995 /95 = ?
4. 43+557-247 =?
5. 3107*3.082= ?
6. 48.7 + 24.9 - 8.7 = ?
7.525.0/47.8 = ?
8. (135-30-14)*7 - 6 +2 = ?
9. 3/8 * 5.04=?
10. 697 /219 = ?
11.8/64 +64/16 =?
12. 298 * 312 / 208 = ?
13. 0.33 *1496 /13 = ?
14.0.26 + 1/8 = ?
15. 66.17+1/3= ?
16. 2.84+1/4= ?
17. 33% OF 450 = ?
18. 907.54 / 0,3073= ?
19.There are two categories of persons in ratio A:B = 2:3. A type earns 2.5 dollars/hr and B type 1 dollar/hr total money earned by both is 24dollars. Then what is the total number of persons
20. Total balls are z, the number of red balls is n and the remaining are blak balls,then the % of black
balls equal to ?
Ans. (z - n) / z*100
21. If A = C, B = 2D what should be done to make the ratio same. i.e.a/b = c/d
Ans. Multiply A by 2
22. If P=Total number of components, Q = number of defective components .What is the % of non defective components?
Ans. (p-q) / p*100
23. If the cost of an article is x , first discount given is y% of cost, second discount given is z% of cost .The selling price of x is
Ans. x (1-y / 100) (1- z / 100)
24.Which of the following are prime numbers
25. A / B = C; C > D then
(a) A is always greater than D
(b) C is always greater than D
(c) B is always less than D
(d) None of these
26. If B>C and AAns. ( A + B )C
27. If for H hours of work the salary is S and the employee gets x hours of medical leave, then what is the salary/hr ?
28. ( 1/6 of 596) / (0.695) = ?
29. 35-30 + 4/7 - 5 + 1 = ?
30. 10995 + 95 = ?
31. If on a salary of Rs."S" per month,one has to pay one tax of x Rs. and a second type of tax of y Rs then % of salary taken home is?
Ans. s-(x+y)/s * 100
32. B>A then which expression will be highest value
(d) Can't Say
33. K, L are men who take home a salary of x, y respectively.The total amount taken home is
Ans. Kx + Ly
34. If out of X bulbs y bulbs are broken;The % of non broken bulbs
Ans. (x-y) / x*100
35. If on a salary s per month, a tax of x% of the salary and another of r% of the salary is deducted what
is the income.
36. 0.512 * 18902358 =?
37. If the % of defective balls is 10% balls,and the number of defective balls is 5.The number of balls is
38. 6.29% of 2.8 =?
39. 0.398 * 456= ?
40. 0 < x < 1 which is greater
41. If c = a/b; a-1 = c, what is the relation between a and b?
Ans. b = a/a-1
42. What is the sum of 7 consecutive odd numbers with 27 as the fourth number
Directions: There are 7 flow charts and each has 5-6 blank rectangles/diamonds with
sub question number in the rectangle/diamond. You have to fill the blank from the
5 options given against respective question number
NOTE: These types of questions are not at all tough. You have to understand the logic and then it is very easy to fill the blanks. Some information is provided for getting to the answers. There will be blanks which have to be filled.
Examples of flow charts asked to be filled :
(1) There are 3 boxes of 3 balls each. you have to select the heaviest among all.
(2) There are red and black balls in a box. You select some balls from the blocks. If the ball chosen is red then you get one point. If the chosen ball is ball black and previous ball is red then you get two points. For winning u have to get seven points. No point for selecting consecutive balls of the same color.
(3)Classify objects in class A, class B and scrap. for classing you have to do different tests such as weight test, material test etc.
(4)There is production process in which action depends on temperature and pressure and we have some temperature and pressure controls. Draw a flowchart to complete the process.
(5)Find max. and min. of the 12 nos. in an array. Arrange the array in ascending order and find the maximum and
minimum value in the array
(6)Different age group are given and also different salary slabs are given. Depending on the salary group as well as his group you have to classify the group of people in particular class
1. Add 79H and 86H and tell the contents of flags
2. Scr is used for _____ ( ac, dc , both )
3. Push pull amplifier is used to remove which harmonics ( even , odd , both )
4. PAM is demodulated using ___ ( low pass filter , high pass filter )
5. 16k memory is needed. How many chips with 12 address buses and 4 data buses are needed.
6. AM wave is detected using _________ detector
7. Which flip flop is used for shift registers
8. Program counter does what __ (stores a memory address, address of the present instruction)
9. In a bistable multivibrator communication capacitor is used for ______ ( speed up response , ac coupling)
10. Totem pole is what?
11. Time constant for an integrator and differentiator should be ( small , high etc.)
12.TV waves are __ ( sky waves , space waves etc.)
13.Which configuration has highest i/p imp. ( ce , cb , cc )
14. Parabolic antenna with 2degree angle. What is its directivity.
15. Given 10 mhz pe modulation and we got a 100 mhz band. How many channels can be there.
16. If o/p power is doubled by how much does the sound increase ( 1db,2db,3db )
1. Find the odd one out
Eg: a) entice,lure,allure,alarm.
select the odd one out.
2.synonyms(majority of the questions)
eg: If symphony : compose then
a) playwrite : play
b) child : mother
4.Four sentences will be given.For example, a)....
You have to arrange them in such a way that they form a meaningful paragraph.
5.Question related to alphabets.
A F G T
E G W O +
1 2 3 0
the above is just an example and not a question appeared in the test.
7.Questions from 'C' language(only 2 to 3 of them)
int x = 10,y=15,z = 5;
i = x printf("%d",i);
There will be no problem with the written test if you have prepared for GRE and also good vocabs.
The above are the questions that I was able to get from my classmates.I hope this will be of some use to all of you. here will be no questions from 11th and 12th standard subjects as it was in the previous year.
egarding the interview,there will be a compulsory HR and Technical interview(in any order) for all the short listed candidates.Be strong in your 'C' programming skills.Also,make sure that you take with you your project reports(if you have done any).This might be useful to impress the interviewers.Then be strong in Operating Systems,if you had that in your academics.Do not ever say that,"I will be able to write down the logic,but not the program".Two of my friends told this and they were not selected.
Be Be careful while filling in the resume given by them.The columns in the resume are,for example
1.Where do you think you have to improve yourself?
2.Why have you chosen WIPRO?
3.Your strengths and weaknesses.
HR questions will be from your resume
The aptitude test consisted of 45 questions to be answered in 45 mins..
Most of the questions were English (difficult to understand the questions itself!!!)
All questions were mixed up…(here the questions are not in order)
Some of which I can remember are as follows:
1.antonym of PARSIMONIOUS:
2.to arrange sentences to form a logical paragraph
3.If MARCH is coded as HCRAM ,then ELBAC is coded as
ans : b Freshersworld.com
4. Two clocks A & B..B falls by half a minute every hour while A is correct. Both of them show the correct reading at 8:00AM .If the time shown by clock B is 1:57 P.M., what is the time shown by clock A?
5.For deadlock to occur what are the conditions which are necessary?
b. hold & wait without …emption
d.all of the above
7.chose the critical word: PERSISTENT,FREQUENTLY,CONSTANT,(some more words were given, I don’t rememberJ)…
8.Fill in the blanks with appropriate word/words:
She was not chosen to be the secretary as she was not _________
9.select sentences so that the third statement can be concluded from the first two…
10.Fill in the blanks with appropriate word/words:
11.which of the following is not a “dynamic data structure”
d.none of the above
12. Question from congestion control topic:
Ans: source quench.
13. Interchanging + and / also 2 and 3 , which of the following expressions are true?
14. Interchanging + & / also 10 & 5, which of the following expressions are true?
15.about doubly likn list : to delete a node to the right of p , which of the following is true?
d.none of the above
16. A long puzzle about 4 people Lewis, Frank ,…going to meet 4 people :insurance agent, consultant, money lender, share broker in a building with 4 floors(G+3floors).
Lewis meets share broker who is above money lender, money lender is not on 1st floor.
Frank meets insurance agent who is below consultant..
Some more conditions were given…which floor is the share broker ?
ans: 3rd floor (check out the answer)
17. An island where the people speak 1 sentence truth & other is false..3 people on island: GOL , TOL ,BOL.. One of them was carrying a snake on his shoulder.
2 sentences by each were given..who is the snake charmer?
Ans:BOL (check it out)
18.compiler is used to convert _____ to _____
a.low level language , high level language
b.high level language ,low level language
c.both a & b
d.dependent on the compiler.
19.the best case & worst case merge sort algorithm (I don’t remember the q properly)
a.O(n),O(logn)..(some ans os this sort were givenJ)
what is the o/p?
21. Tcp/ip is
c)both a & b
22.Process has memory divided into how many parts?
d.memory is undivided
23.one more question on correcting the error in the given sentence
24.given 4 words, to find out the odd one out..
….: discord: ….: ….
25.small passage was given..the inference from the passage is ?
Campus Recruitment at NIT Durgapur : AUG -2003
Mind Here in our Institute within 30 minutes 45 questions were to be answered.
There was no negative marking.
 Jumble sentences are given ,order the sentences to make a meaningful paragraph
 Sentences are given , order the sentences to make conclusion that follows from the options given(Say 5 sentences are given out of which 2 are causes and rest is result , like fallacy in logic) .
 Opposite meaning.
 Point out the error in a given sentence.
 C ( Follow ‘Test your C skills ‘).
 Data Structure.
 Operating System.
We can not remember all the questions exactly as time was very short .Here are some of the questions ( Not in order).
1. A topic on Gandhiji’s Salt Satyagrah Movement
Four sentences were given and you have to arrange them to make a paragraph.
Ans. CABD (Check it out).
2. What can’t be changed by the user program (Four choices were there).
Ans. Memory Map (Check it out).
3. In which layer ROUTING is performed ?
Ans. Network Layer
4. What is the output of the following code snippet
5. What is the output
Sum=? &count;( It was actually given temp=? &count; which is probably wrong)
Printf(“sum=%d count= %d temp=%d “,sum,count,*temp);
Ans. C (most expected answer ,check it)
6.Which one has no L-Value
Ans . [iii]
6. In threaded binary for which traversal orders unused left and right links are used?
7. Which is false for binary tree?
[i] Any node should have two children.
[iii] At fourth level the number of node should be less than 16.
8. Which is true for binary search ?
[i] Traversal scheme
[iv] Divide and conquer algorithm
9. What is the protocol used for getting the physical address by supplying IP address of a node ?
10. If DELHI is coded as CCIDD then how BOMBAY will be coded?
11. Opposite meaning of SPUR.
12. Opposite of HARBINGER .
13. Opposite meaning of PROTRUSION.
14. Opposite meaning of RESTIVENESS.
15.Find the odd one in a given analogy
16 . Find the analogy : SURPRISE : EXCLAMATION
17) Find the analogy : Plateau : Taxonomy.
18)Question from congestion control topic:
Ans: source quench.
19) Question from kernel mode:
20) which one is a page replacement algorithim.
[iii]Least recently used.
[iv]All of above.
21)Using two numbers And interchanging + and * there was a question.
22)For each hour an watch is going slow by 30 seconds.Now time is
8a.m.What will be the actual time at 8p.m.
23)Question regarding while loop.
24)Alphabetical order L,M,…(cant remember)
25)One puzzle:(I cant exactly remember this question giving brief idea of this question)there were four guys A,B,C,D. the older and younger relation is given . U have to find the age of the A.
Ans: 7 years(check it out).
26)Fallacy question: six sentences are given.
28)Nine people six floor. Conditions are given.(This was a very long paragraph).Peoples named like I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q.
29)A question regarding node.
30) problem regarding age of father and son(very easy problem u can solve it).
31)Point out error in the follwing sentence:I got the book in the office and slipped it out.
[i]I got the book.
[ii] in the.
[iii]office and .
[iv] slipped it out.
32)Point out error:(about a flowers garden)
ans:(I can’t remember the options).answer will be “among on another”.