Microsoft Dynamics Gp Business Portal Implementation
If your company has Microsoft Great Plains ERP implemented and needs upgrade from older version of e Requisition, e Order, e Employee, then you are probably looking to Microsoft Great Plains Business Portal implementation, where former eXXX modules are moved and redesigned on Sharepoint and .Net platform. Currently version 7.5, where e Requisition module was part of as ASP application, is not longer supported by Microsoft Business Solutions. Here we would like to highlight Requisition Management functionality:
• Approval Hierarchy. As Requisition Management module is intended for formalized purchasing workflow of public corporation or large business, approval process is the core of the work flow logic. Approval Hierarchy design is represented by graphical tree. There is one thing in Requisition Management administration guide which is not really clear – you should have all the non-managerial employees listed on the lowest level of the approval hierarchy (not in the form of the hierarchical list, but on the same lowest level)
• Requisition Creation. If you think about the employee, who initially files the purchase request (requisition) – you don’t expect this person to know such details, as GP Inventory Control Item number, Item price, GL distribution account, vendor – you rather expect requisition creator to give you generic description of what he would like to be purchased. These generic purchase request is made possible via business portal user security.
• Requisition Approval. There are two types of approval: just approval and so-called final approval. Decision maker final approval capabilities are restricted by her/his approval dollar limit
• Purchase Order Creation. You can naturally merge approved requisitions lines with existing purchase order for the same vendor as well as merge similar approved requisition lines. At the step of PO creation, all required requisition line fields must be identified: item number (if it is inventoried item), vendor ID, account, site ID, price
• Notifications. BP RM module setup allows you to send email notification (in the current version in plain text, without hyperlink to BP login/document). You should be aware about notification scope: when requisition is approved and submitted to Microsoft Dynamics GP – in GP you don’t have notification functionality – you can alternatively implement it as SQL triggers with email notification