The Keyword Driven Framework has following benefits:
1. The main advantage of this framework is the low cost for maintenance. If there is change in any test case, only the Test Case File / Single Object Repository needs to be updated and not the Driver Script and Startup script.
Example: For a product based company, maintenance of test scripts is a major task. When the company requirement was to shift to SUNJVM from MSJVM, it took ten days to make all the changes in Scripts as well as individual Object Repositories, whereas using the Keyword Driven Framework, it will require only one day to change the single common Object Repository. Hence 90% cost saving was achieved.
2. Building of Test Scenarios and execution of the Functional Test Suite was feasible without QTP and scripting knowledge.
3. This framework is easy to understand when non-testers come in picture (for test case design).
4. Re-usability significantly increased over a period of time.
5. Test Script development is possible without a functioning application.
6. Test cases designed in this framework are less prone to human errors.