VS2010 is the advanced IDE for developing web based, windows based, mobile, silverlight applications etc. It’s the next version of IDE to VS2008, uses .NET Framework 4.0 which is the next version of .NET Framework. VS2010 will offer features like multi-monitor support, richer code editing and richer code visualization.Visual Studio 2010 and the .NET Framework 4.0 will include programming models for adding parallel programming for multi core processers. It includes support for specific application types, and core architecture improvements.
Technical and nontechnical users can create and use architecture models in order to collaborate and define. This version support both Unified modeling Language (UML) and Domain Specific Language (DSL) support. Hence organizations will have the right tool for right job.
With VSTS 2010, testing features has been improved by simplifying the tools required to integrate testing across the life cycle. New features include the ability to eliminate no reproducible bugs, fast setup and deployment of tests. So we can test effectively to ensure the highest degree of test. Main focus is on test planning and progress tracking, so that all code changes are properly tested.
Team Foundation Server (TFS) is now capable for developing Agile development processes. Teams can track and trace work more easily with linking of work items by enabling hierarchical work item relationships. In the source code management system, TFS now provides visualization tools for tracking changes across branches and into the production build. VSTS 2010 also introduces workflow-based builds that catch errors before they have a chance to affect the rest of the team. TFS deployment and management made easier for administrators.
Visual Studio 2010 continues to deliver on the core developer experience by improving the day-to-day process for development teams. Using new VSTS2010 Developer can
1. Understand existing code and write new code.
2. Develop Intuitive Web applications from the back-end to the end result
3. Build new Windows7 applications as well as upgrade existing applications
Make your solutions more flexible and productive for specific needs by enabling office tools.
It continues to deliver on the core developer experience by speeding up the day-to-day process for development teams.
Azure is the new cloud environment Microsoft .Developers can build, debug and deploy services and applications for Azure with the help of Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio
Visual Studio 2010 for Web developers include:
• "One Click Deployment" for quickly and easily publishing a Web site's files and configuration settings from the development machines to the final deployed site
• Full support for Silverlight for developers wishing to build cross browser, rich Internet applications
• Architecture Explorer creates visual representations of existing code assets.
All those things achieved with the help of enhanced web development tools enhancements.
• Visual Studio 2010 IDE supports for Parallel development
• There are Native C++ libraries added and there is compiler support for Parallel applications
• Inclusion of .NET Framework 4.0 with P-LINQ(Parallel Language Integrated Query) and parallel language semantics and framework components
• Visual Studio 2010 includes a Parallel-capable performance analyzer that enables you to extensively instrument code to see the concurrency issues in applications.
Note: Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) 2010 (code-named “Rosario”) is the next version of VSTS2008.
ALM (Application Life Cycle Management) uses Visual Studio 2010 and the .NET Framework 4.0.
You can download VS 2010 and .NET 4.0 (CTP) from here-
Nice introduction to VS 2010.
Awesome startup to VS 2010