How to add a windows control library template to Visual C# Express
Visual C# Express 2005 does not come with a project template for creating custom controls (.dll files). You can create your own template by following these steps:
1. Open Visual C# Express 2005.
2. Create New windows Application with the name: MyLibrary
3. From the Project menu select Add User Control. Click on Add
4. Close any forms windows.
5. In Solution Explorer, Delete forms related files (the corresponding .cs files should be deleted by this step)
6. From the Project menu select MyLibrary Properties.
7. In the Application tab set the Output Type to Class Library.
8. In the file Program.cs replace
9. Build the Solution. There should be no errors and the bin/Release folder should have a MyLibrary.dll file
10. From the File menu select Export Template.
11. Select Project Template then Next .
12. Under Template Options change the name of the template to Windows Control Library and the Description to Create windows Control .dll. Click on Finish.
12. Close C# Express 2005.
The next time you open Visual C# Express, you will find your newly created template ready to use.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "How to add a windows control library template to Visual C# Express"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Asheej T K
Last 7 Days
Awards & Gifts
Articles Rss Feeds
Forum Rss Feeds
Talk to Webmaster Tony John
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India