Community Web sites - Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there any fees to start my own community web site here ?
- No, it is absolutely free.
2. How many community web sites I can create ?
It depends on your member level. Here is the limit for each level:
Bronze - 1
Silver - 4
Gold - 9
Diamond - 16
Platinum - 25
3. What are the topics on which I can create community websites ?
In general, you can choose any subject including education, politics, religion, entertainment etc.
However, you should not create communities on very broad subjects "Community for Sports", "Community for Recipes", "Technology Community" etc. Instead, you should create community sites addressing specific community groups like "Community for Football lovers", "Community for Kerala Recipes", "SQL Server users Group" etc.
4. I hate communists. Can I create a community for members with similar views ?
No, we do not allow communities against any religion, parties, groups or members.
5. Do I get points in DotNetSpider for creating communities ?
Yes, you will earn points equal to the total number of members in all of your communities.
6. Do I get points for participating in the forum within a community ?
Yes, but the points you earn through forum in a community will be specific to those communities. Those points will not be added to the total points in dotnetspider.com.
7. I am Diamond member in DotNetSpider, but it is showing Silver level within a community. Why is this ?
Your member level in DotNetSpider is different from the member level in each community. Each community owner can define the points required to reach specific levels within the community. DotNetSpider has no role in defining the points for member levels within any community.
8. Do I get points in DotNetSpider for joining communities ?
Yes, you will earn 5 points in DotNetSpider for each community you join.
9. I have create a community. How much AdSense revenue I will get ?
It depends on how popular is your community, how much traffic your pages get and many other factors.
10. What are the pages within a community which uses my AdSense account ?
If you are the owner of a community, your AdSense account will be used in all pages of your community except the forum pages. In the forum pages, we will rotate the AdSense account of all persons who have contributed in the forum thread. The number of rotations each member get depends on the points given to his post.
11. Who gives the points for a forum thread in a community ?
The community owner has the rights to give points for any message/response in the forum.
12. What should I do if I have a complaint about the community owner ?
In general, the community owner has all rights to run the community website according to his choice. However, if you feel that any community owner is seriously violating normal functioning, please post your complaint in the DotNetSpider forum.
13. How can I earn money by creating community websites ?
We use Google AdSense revenue sharing in the community websites. When you create community websites, we will display Google Ads in your community pages. You will get 90% of the revenue earned from Google AdSense in your community web pages.
14. How can I earn money by joining community web sites ?
We use Google AdSense revenue sharing in community forums. When you post content in community forums, we will display Google Ads using your AdSense account. You will get 90% of the revenue generates from such Ads.
15. Do DotNetSpider display non Google Ads in community web pages ?
Yes, we display some non Google Ads also in community web pages. You will NOT get revenue share from such Ads.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dotnetspider