Forums » .NET » .NET »

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

Posted Date: 13 Nov 2006      Posted By:: krishna murthy Hosur Ananthappa Profile photo    Member Level: Gold    Member Rank: 0     Points: 2   Responses: 1

can u plssssssss tell the solution

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Responses

#168172    Author: Mohammed Hussain      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 0     Date: 07/Dec/2007   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

I am also having the same error after uploading my project in server.. some changes should be done in Web.config file.. i will tell u as i got the solution.. pls inform me the solution if you got it first

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Return to Discussion Forum
Start new thread

Subscribe to Subscribers
Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

Awards & Gifts
Talk to Webmaster Tony John
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India