You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows 10

Need help!!! I have a problem

i have one xml file that file by default getting some white space from page starting to xml tags.

like from pagestarting to <xml version="">

inside the parent to child tag white space i was handle but out side of the space is i cant any one tell me how can i do this....asap.
    There are different ways like

If you're thinking in preserving white space i. e tabs, carriage returns and other formats then you can use the CDATA
    <![CDATA[
    ]]>

Or else

Use an xslt transform. Doing it this way allows you to have control over the stripping or preservation of white spaces using xml:space Attribute.
    The xml:space attribute is another standard mechanism that exists for preserving white space in XML applications. he xml:space behavior cascades to all descendant elements but can be turned off locally by setting the xml:space attribute to default. In order to use xml:space in a validating context, the attribute must be declared in a DTD or Schema attribute list for the elements in which it is used

So,Based on your comments, I think you may be able to use the XmlWriterSettings.NewLineHandling property to change how the text node handles the carriage returns. You'll have to experiment. I suspect the receiving application has some line parsing issue and is looking for a \r\n or something

Hope these are helpful for your requirement

Thanks!
    B.Ramana Reddy

• Sign In to post your comments