Just follow below steps
1. Log in to SQL Server 2008 with a correct user name and password
2. Expand the Management tab, then select SQL Server Logs, then right-click on Database Mail, then select Configure Database Mail
3. Select the Set up Database Mail by performing the following tasks: radio button
4. Click Next, then a confirmation box appears; click OK on that.
5. When you click OK, then write the profile name description and click on Add.
6. Then, a new window appears where you provide your profile name and configure Outgoing Mail Server(SMTP) then click Basic authentication and provide your email id and password then click OK.
7. Then in the new window, it will show your profile, check that and click Next.
8. configure it and click on Next and finish
9. Send a test email by right-clicking on database mail and click Send Test E-Mail
for more details check below link
Editor, DotNetSpider MVM
Microsoft MVP 2014 [ASP.NET/IIS]