There are many reasons why WebApi is better than WCF or Web Services:
1. WebApi is HTML based which the WCF or Web Services are service based.
2. WebApi can be called directly by the WebHttp request which for WCF and Web Service, we need to consume it to the client application and then create the proxy to get the methods.
3. WebApi is stateless means each time a new request will be created.
4. WebApi is simple and easy to create/call etc which Web Service and WCF service are difficult.
5. WebApi uses HTTP methods- GET, PUT, POST, DELETE which the WCF Service uses Contracts and Web Services uses Web methods.
6. By default, WebApi supports JSON format data which is simple text format while WCF support SOAP+XML which needs to be converted to the client object format.
7. WebAPi is faster than WCF and Web Services.
Hope it will be helpful to you.
Pawan Awasthi(DNS MVM)
+91 8123489140 (whatsApp), +60 14365 1476(Malaysia)