The Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern separates an application into three main components: the model, the view, and the controller. The ASP.NET MVC framework provides an alternative to the ASP.NET Web Forms pattern for creating Web applications. The ASP.NET MVC framework is a lightweight, highly testable presentation framework that (as with Web Forms-based applications) is integrated with existing ASP.NET features, such as master pages and membership-based authentication. The MVC framework is defined in the System.Web.Mvc assembly
it has Model, View and controller as part. due to such architecture we can have following advantages
- Enables the full control over the rendered HTML.
- Provides clean separation of concerns(SoC).
- Enables Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Following the design of stateless nature of the web.
- RESTful urls that enables SEO
Editor, DotNetSpider MVM
Microsoft MVP 2014 [ASP.NET/IIS]