You must Sign In to post a response.
- Category: .NET
- #766141There are many ways to access the AS400.
1. You can run the as400 procedures directly from your c# program.
For this you have to install IBM client.
2. as400 normally use DB2 database. you can directly connect DB2 database from you c# code.
For this you can directly use ADO.NET
3. You can write restful(AXIS 2) webservice and deploy in the as400. You can access that web service from your c# code.
For this you have to write Java code and install in the as400
4. Apart from this you can refer "cwbx.dll" and write as400 codes directly
Direction is important than speed
- #766151Most enterprise data resides on mainframe platforms. Such organizations are concerned with maintaining existing mainframe data and applications, With Microsoft SNA Server, you can make mainframe data available to Windows-based distributed applications. SNA Server can access data and applications on mainframe and midrange systems that are accessible using the Systems Network Architecture (SNA) protocol, This includes mainframe relational databases, Virtual Sequential Access Method (VSAM) files, and AS/400 data files. SNA Server also provides access to all application programs and data stores used by IBM's Customer Information Control System (CICS),
you can read about it more in following link
Editor, DotNetSpider MVM
Microsoft MVP 2014 [ASP.NET/IIS]