You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: ASP.NET

Binding multiple combo boxes in a format

Sir i am working on a windows application but their is a problem i am facing that there are 3 combo box 1st one is branch name 2nd one is course 3rd one is year, i have a text box also and i want an enrollment ID in this format branch name/course/year/E- ID number in the text box.
    Note-The E-ID Number should be the last number of student registered in that particular course.
    And one thing more sir I am unable to find a zip file which i was uploded earlier in any one of my question binding multiple dropdown list. please mail me that file if you have on
    What exception is got ? have you successfully bind all comboboxes ? Please elaborate so that we can help you more
    Editor, DotNetSpider MVM
    Microsoft MVP 2014 [ASP.NET/IIS]

Please first elaborate your problem in detail, so that we can help you.
    One thing I understood with you question is that you want last E-ID of registered student.
    For that you can write a query like this and bind the result to your Enrollment ID textbox:
    select MAX(E-ID) from StudentTable
    Hope it helps.
    Shashikant Gurav

Hi Sachin,

Your question is not clear?
    What you want from our end you need to explore in detailed, so that only we can help you better.

Give respect to your work, Instead of trying to impress your boss.

Blog :

Sorry sir but i just want to ask you that i have 3 combo box 1st one is for Branch Name 2nd one is for Courses 3rd one is for session, i have a text box also in which i want an enrollment id.
    Suppose if i select the branch name 'BASE' and among many courses i have chosen 'JAVA' and the session selected 14-15 and if 15 student are registered for java course already then the E-ID should be BASE/JAVA/14-15/0016

Hi Sachin,

Refer the below..

In 3rd combo box selected index change event
    //////First get latest E-Id from databse using database call(select MAX(E-ID) from StudentTable ) and store in one variable for Ex. say ' Id'.
    int Id= //database call to get maximum id
    /////Declare a string as Result for textbox value,
    Result = 'dropdownname.Text' + '/' + 'dropdowncourse.Text' + ' / ' +'dropdownyear.Text' + '/' + 'E - ' + 'Id'

Hope this will help you

Never lose hope..You never know what tomorrow will bring

Sign In to post your comments