You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

Career change from Developer to SAP

Hi All,

I have 4+ years of experience on specific products(Content Management System) of a Product based company. I have no hands on experience on .Net. There are openings outside for the products that I am currently working on but I am not interested to work on the Products(specific to a small company) or either on .Net due to Job security issues.

I would like to learn some new technology in SAP. Please advise me on this.

Thanks in Advance,
    Manoja
    Hi Manoj,

Learning new technology is always suggestible, but remember one-thing that should be relevant to your current skill, if you move to other skill then you are a fresher in to that technology, In any case you got that opportunity in your existing company that is well and good, but if you want to try it out in outside then that gives you big trouble while attend the Interview.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Give respect to your work, Instead of trying to impress your boss.

N@veen
    Blog : http://naveens-dotnet.blogspot.in/

If you do not like to working on CMS and .NET, you can change your career. SAP is also good and have lot of openings. But remember that all are depending upon your knowledge and interest. So think yourself, according to your interest select your career.

All the jobs have job security issues. All all the technologies have good openings.

By Nathan
    Direction is important than speed

Hi,
    Totally depends on your interest and you need to have some certifications while you are searching a job in SAP.
    SAP has following modules:
    1. Technical
    2. Functional
    If you are a technical background person, go for technical i.e. SAP Basics or SAP ABAP(Advanced Business Application Programming)
    I think, Functional module is the best suited for you because it covers management basics and also you are familier with CRM.
    Important thing you need to look forward while searching a job in SAP is to search a company that has already SAP implemented.
    Hope it helps.
    Regards,
    Shashikant Gurav
    shashikantgurav22@gmail.com

if you have 4+years but have no hands on experience on .Net then why you are stuck with it ? as your experience will not count in .NET
    There are more SAP jobs exist, First get trained on SAP from any reputed institute and then get placed.
    Best of luck

Thanks
    Koolprasd2003
    Editor, DotNetSpider MVM
    Microsoft MVP 2014 [ASP.NET/IIS]

Sign In to post your comments