You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: ASP.NET

Exception log -- could not handle

Hi

I am getting below error in exception log table... Please let me know the solution. Thanks.

ASP.NET session has expired or could not be found AspNetSessionExpiredException at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ViewerDataOperation..ctor()
    at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.GetHandler(String operationType)
    at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

http://abc/Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd?OpType=SessionKeepAlive&ControlID=0d2e9ff348de4955923 2016-03-09 12:43:41.793 Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ViewerDataOperation
    This error occurred If you set KeepSessionAlive to false, the user session is kept active as long as the user interacts with the Web page. The user session will expire after a period of inactivity in the Web page. If the ASP.NET session expires, the message "ASP.NET session has expired or could not be found" is displayed when the user interacts with the ReportViewer again
    Have you set 'KeepSessionAlive ' to false any where ? if yes then remove that attribute

Thanks
    Koolprasd2003
    Editor, DotNetSpider MVM
    Microsoft MVP 2014 [ASP.NET/IIS]

Hi,

While Generating Report viewers sometimes session may expire due to several reasons, to overcome this we have 2 options one is KeepSessionAlive to false and another one is to keep session alive at handler side by call some script over there, refer below link this might be helpful to you.

morrenth.com/handle-error-aspnet-session-has-expired-or-could-not-be-found-at-microsoftreportingwebformsviewerdataoperation.aspx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Give respect to your work, Instead of trying to impress your boss.

N@veen
    Blog : http://naveens-dotnet.blogspot.in/

There is no 'KeepSessionAlive' attribute in my code.
    Should I increase the timeout value somewhere in the reports?

Sign In to post your comments