You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: .NET

Have to add Barcode with my application

Hi Friends,

My requirement is have to scan barcode of the product and store it in DB. Dose i wanna write any code to get the vale from barcode reader, or directly it ll give the vale to my application?

How can i connect the barcode reader with my application?

Thanks in advance.
    1. If you have to do any particular 3rd party bar code reader. Then you have to refer the dll which they gave.
    And try to access the scanner.

2. If the scanner is connected with comport. You can directly access the comport and give the command to read the string from comport and get the result string and use it for your application.

3. If you want to do mobile bar code reader, refer the following link for more information.

By Nathan
    Direction is important than speed

It depends what bar code you are using and how you are connecting to your system. There won't be any inbuilt code to do this. You have to write your own depends on your requirement.

Below articles may give you some lights on in this topic,

Asheej T K
    Microsoft MVP[ASP.NET/IIS]
    DotNetSpider MVM

What application are you creating? If it is winform, then you could integrate free barcode API to your application to easily achieve the barcode scan feature. This article might be of help:

Hai Murugesan.P,
    Adding bar-code feature in the application needs the API and the device for the bar code reader. You need to install the API and then you can use the methods provide to scan the code.
    You can get more details about the code snippet and how to integrate with the application from the below link:

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Pawan Awasthi(DNS MVM)
    +91 8123489140 (whatsApp), +60 14365 1476(Malaysia)

Sign In to post your comments