You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: ASP.NET

Can not open solution in different Editions

Hi ,

I have application with multiple projects developed in Visual Studio 2008 professional Editon

While trying to open that version with Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition I could not open saying solution vesion not supported.

I need to change anything in solution file to open VS 2008 Professional solution in VS 2008 Express Edition?

Please advice.

Hi Pughaz,
    You can do any of the following:
    create new blank solution in VS 2008 Express and use "Add existing project".
    OR
    Open VS 2008 Express, goto File->Open->Website and select your VS 2008 Professional website
    OR
    Convert your VS 2008 Professional solution to VS 2008 Express solution.

Hope it helps.
    Regards,
    Shashikant Gurav
    shashikantgurav22@gmail.com

The best way is to Take backup of you existing project and then delete existing solution file and then by using 'Open Website' option, open that project and click on 'SaveAll' button will ask to save solution file again, that's the way you can get a new solution file.
    More ever if you want to open a solution file from higher version to lower version, means from VS2012 to VS2010 you can edit its content and do it.
    see below link
    http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/80953/Converting-VS-Solution-to-VS

Thanks
    Koolprasd2003
    Editor, DotNetSpider MVM
    Microsoft MVP 2014 [ASP.NET/IIS]

You can do any one of the following
    1. You can create new solution in Visual studio 2008 Express and add the existing projects.
    2. You can also convert Visual studio 2008 Professional solution to Visual studio 2008 Express solution.

By Nathan
    Direction is important than speed

Sign In to post your comments