You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: WCF

Switching focus from wcf to another application

I have a wcf application that once a user has completed using the wcf application. I want to be able to switch the focus from the wcf application to a java application. (Same as ALT+Tab) in windows. So the java application comes to the front and has focus. Is this possible in wcf
    Hai Dave,
    What do you mean by WCF application. There is nothing called as WCF application, there is always a WCF service and service is always the background activity which runs in the background and no UI.
    Can you please clarify your question to get correct answer.
    If you just want to active another application through the WCF service, you can use System.Diagnostic.Process.Start("yourapplicationname");
    Hope it will be helpful to you.

Pawan Awasthi(DNS MVM)
    +91 8123489140 (whatsApp), +60 14365 1476(Malaysia)

Ah yes sorry. we use windows forms created in C# in Visual studio. so its a click once client that is downloaded and used by a user. Then when they need info from a second application I need them to switch to the second application bringing it to the front via a button

Hi dave,
    Please elaborate your question properly, so that we can provide you the best solution.
    1) If you want to open another application from a windows form application using C# on button click, try following:

Process newProcess = new Process();
    newProcess.StartInfo.FileName = "notepad.exe";\\ You can provide here path of your 2nd application.
    newProcess.StartInfo.Arguments = @"C:\Users\ShashikantG\Desktop\Movie.txt";
    Now you have two applications opened on your computer.
    2) If you want to switch between 2 forms use following:
    SecondForm frmSecond = new SecondForm();

Hope it helps.
    Shashikant Gurav

Sign In to post your comments