You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: .NET

I want to learn 3tier techology in Dotnet

Hi members,

I want to learn 3tier technology in dotnet . Please help me and give me the tutorial websites for me.

Hai BlackCaps,
    There are many tutorials available for learning the 3-tier architecture. You can also look the below link:

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Pawan Awasthi(DNS MVM)
    +91 8123489140 (whatsApp), +60 14365 1476(Malaysia)

Hi blackcaps,

If you search in Google you may found no of articles for the same.

I too prepare an article for the same, please go through the below link

Give respect to your work, Instead of trying to impress your boss.

Blog :

There are many tutorials available in the internet you can google about the 3 tire architecture examples or sample projects.
    The main intention of 3-tire architecture is to separate the business logic(BLL) , data access logic(DAL) and presentation logic(UI).
    Advantage of this is people working on business logic will not depend on presentation or data access teams to complete there tasks.
    Easy to understand the code if we have division of logic.
    Even we can have n-tire architecture depending up on our requirement.

Sridhar Thota.
    Editor: DNS Forum.

3-tire architecture is very simple. It is for Separating Database, Business Logic, UI. You have to write a code based on that.

Some tips.

1. Write all the DB Logic(Insert,Delete,Update,Get etc..) in Stored Procedure. Do not write any inline query in your business logic. In case if you want to change the db type(Sql Server to Oracle .. ect ). It will be easy. You do not need to touch your business logic and UI.

2. Keep all the business logic in the separate dll. In case if you want to change any calculations,process etc. It will be easy to deploy. Just change that dll and update. Do not need to touch the UI and DB.

3. Keep the UI as separate application. It will be easy to change the UI( Colors, Layouts, etc.. ). You may use more that one UI(Mobile, PC etc..) having same (BO and DB).

If you write the code like this, It will be easy to development also.
    UI developer do not worry about the DB and business logic.
    DB delveloper do not worry about the UI And Business logic
    BOL developer do not worry about DB and UI.

By Nathan
    Direction is important than speed

Here are some of the highlights of 3 tier architecture:

1) Because of independent tier(s) we can parallely develop each tier with the help of multiple developers.
    2) It is very easy to understand & maintain for new/old developers.
    3) Database layer/tier is more secure in this architecture as direct user interaction with DB is avoided.
    4) But before start you need to know sufficient object oriented concepts like classes and objects.

By referring following 2 websites you can easily understand 3-tier architecture with the help of demo codes in detail:

Shashikant Gurav

3-Tier architecture generally contains UI or Presentation Layer, Business Access Layer (BAL) or Business Logic Layer and Data Access Layer (DAL).

Presentation Layer (UI)
    Presentation layer cotains pages like .aspx or windows form where data is presented to the user or input is taken from the user.
    Business Access Layer (BAL) or Business Logic Layer
    BAL contains business logic, validations or calculations related with the data, if needed. I will call it Business Access Layer in my demo.
    Data Access Layer (DAL)
    DAL contains methods that helps business layer to connect the data and perform required action, might be returning data or manipulating data (insert, update, delete etc).

Editor, DotNetSpider MVM
    Microsoft MVP 2014 [ASP.NET/IIS]

Sign In to post your comments