You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: ASP.NET

How to call SSRS report from .net application

I am calling SSRS report saved on report server from application. I have written code on button click and used report viewer in application. I have given URL which comes in report server URL of reporting services configuration manager. when i run the application it gives the error that the attempt to connect to the report server failed . Check your connection information and that the report server is a compatible version.
    The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
    How to overcome this?

As per error details the path which you passed is not listed. The report builder is not avail in that specified path.

Give respect to your work, Instead of trying to impress your boss.

Blog :

Hi Rahi Jangle,

I think this issue may gets solved after following the comment given by 'naveensanagasetti'.

If still it is unsolved then their may be changes that the SQL Server Reporting Services have been stopped or otherwise failing to start or work correctly.

So do following:

1.In the SSRS, click on the Windows Start button > Administrative Tools > Services.
    2.Locate and right click on SQL Server Reporting Services (MSSQLSERVER) > Start (if it is stopped) or Restart (if it is already started).
    3.Allow a few minutes for the service to start responding again, then try to access an IT Analytics report.
    4.If the issue continues, such as if the service is unresponsive or automatically stops itself, contact your DBA or Microsoft for additional assistance, if the Windows Event Logs do not help provide information on why this is occurring. Note: Until this can be resolved, you may not move on to the application.

you may refer following URL:

Hope this will help you.

Shashikant Gurav

Sign In to post your comments