You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: ASP.NET

What is the best reporting tool for asp.net and mvc5?

I want to know what is the best reporting tool for asp.net and mvc5 and why it is best? What features it have? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Is it crystal report or telerik report or asp.net default report or any other?
    Hai Manoj,
    Below are the answers for your questions:
    Q. I want to know what is the best reporting tool for asp.net and mvc5 and why it is best?
    Ans. I would suggest the SSRS reporting tool which is having the great feature to develop the report and access from any environments.
    Q. What features it have? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Ans. The first and most is that it is plateform independent as it uses xml internally for the report generation and the result. So any type of application is fine to access the SSRS report.
    Also it can be hosted in a separate server so that your reporting things will be separate from your application and the application will have no link to the report directly. It can be accessed via url.
    Q. Is it crystal report or telerik report or asp.net default report or any other?
    Ans. There is no default reporting tool for asp.net. If you want to use any, you need to install it. If you are using the Crystal Report, you need to install the Crystal report software and the same for telerik.
    Hope it will be helpful to you.

Regards,
    Pawan Awasthi(DNS MVM)
    +91 8123489140 (whatsApp), +60 14365 1476(Malaysia)
    pawansoftit@gmail.com

Hi,

I'm not sure which one is good in reporting tool, but we are used SSRS report builder it will give best output as we expect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Give respect to your work, Instead of trying to impress your boss.

N@veen
    Blog : http://naveens-dotnet.blogspot.in/

Hi,

Stimulsoft Reports.Web is the one I am working with. It is best for me as this reporting tool is available for web(ASP.Net and MVC)/windows/smart devices. It has good pre-defined templates as well. Though we have to purchase a paid license version, it is worth.

Regards,
    Shashikant Gurav
    shashikantgurav22@gmail.com

Sign In to post your comments