You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows 10

Recursive function stack over exception wpf

hi. well can any one take a look at my recursive function, if that is why the stack over flow exception and how to fix, so then when i click on the equals button, it then gets the calculation and then display the whole equation like 1 + 2 = 3. can anyone help from my previous thread. or point me how to fix this, not to do it for me, but to show me a better way, why it is falling over. frustrated. tried googling and googling, but could not seem to find an answer. got my application 99% working, jus the = button, falling over.
    Hai Marvin Hunkin,
    Try to find the exact place where it is failing and then try to get the solution for it.
    Hope it will be helpful to you.

Regards,
    Pawan Awasthi(DNS MVM)
    +91 8123489140 (whatsApp), +60 14365 1476(Malaysia)
    pawansoftit@gmail.com

It is because, it contains too many nested method calls

In your function somewhere it should end. If it reaches it should stop rec function.

For ex.
    If you are trying to pars XML it in the rec function you should check whether it is last node. If last node u should stop your rec and continue to next node.

Likewise you have to handle in your requirement.

By Nathan
    Direction is important than speed

hi. it is faliling line 280 private double Calc(Operand tree), and not sure. did try to put elem.operation < tree.operation;, but did not like that, says an invalid assignment, so took out the < and still falling over. can you help me out. stuck and frustrated, tried researching this, and have read plenty of articles, but no working solution and tearing my hair out. is the equal function with the empty strings the problem. any ideas. any working sample code. marvin.

hi. when i put the big integer, get an error when it is never used, so took that out. so how to get it to not stack over. do i create a class, then put the number in and then add that as a dll. please help me out, any step by step tutorial. just frustrated. how to fix this. is it the empty string.

Sign In to post your comments