You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows

Oracle Connection request timed out in Windows service

Hi All,

I am calling oracle procedure from windows service at every one min using Onstart method in windows service.
    Here sometimes I was getting "Connection request timed out" from oracle(11g).

My Oracle connection string as follows:

<add name="TESTDB" connectionString="Data Source=QA;User ID=Test;Password=pass;Validate Connection=True" providerName="System.Data.OracleClient"/>

Could you help me to resolve this issue .

Thanks in advance
    Hello Rajan,

You can change the MaxPoolSize of connection or there may be issue with your firewall for the network you have selected, It may be either Private or Public or Home.

// Performance counters monitors at the application domain, pool, or database instance level like this :
    <configuration>
    <oracle.dataaccess.client>
    <settings>
    <add name="PerformanceCounters"
    value="3"/>
    </settings>
    </oracle.dataaccess.client>
    </configuration>

Or else you can make your connection string like this :

con.ConnectionString = "User Id=nirav;Password=tiger;Data Source=oracle;" + "Min Pool Size=10;Connection Lifetime=100000;Connection Timeout=60;" + "Incr Pool Size=5; Decr Pool Size=2";

Hope this will be helpful for you.

Regards,
    Nirav Lalan
    DNS Gold Member
    "Failure is the path of least persistence"

try this

Data Source=myOracleDB;User Id=myUsername;Password=myPassword;Min Pool Size=10;
    Connection Lifetime=120;Connection Timeout=60;Incr Pool Size=5;Decr Pool Size=2;

Thanks & Regards
    Anil Kumar Pandey
    Microsoft MVP, DNS MVM

Thanks for the discussion. Sorry to say that I could not help you, but after reading this discussion, I know how to resolve this problem. I hosted my website on Mywindowshosting.com,which provides windows services. I must check this. Continue discussion so that those who have no idea can get something.

Sign In to post your comments