You must Sign In to post a response.
- Category: ASP.NET
- #763247There are many things that we need to take care of when boosting ASP.NET performance
here are some points to be note
- Disable IIS ASP debugging
- clean up unmanaged resources
- Reducing page load time
- Set debug=false in web.config
- Use StringBuilder to concatenate strings
- Use Client-side Scripts for validations
- Use Page.ISPostBack method to avoid code duplication
- Do Minification
Additionally you can use IIS features to improve application performance, I have written an article on it, check below link,
Editor, DotNetSpider MVM
Microsoft MVP 2014 [ASP.NET/IIS]
- #763257While Implement any application we need to concentrate performance also. To improve performance we need to concentrate on several factors. I will share you few of those.
1) Proper indexes in a table
2) Use Proper relationships between tables.
3) while querying try to avoid unnecessary fields, instead of * use respective fields (columns).
4) Try to avoid aggregate functions and Grouping clauses.
5) Instead of temporary tables use CTE.
6) Use proper joins, and try to avoid nested queries
7) While joining first call master table then child table, because master table contains limited records while searching its look at limited records.
1) try to avoid unnecessary code blocks
2) Avoid to load all the records while loading time, instead of that load based on filter.
3) Unnecessary don't use nested looping and looping, if it's required then only use.
4) Always use light weight controls.
5) Try to reuse code blocks, instead of create new.
Apart from the above you need to look at Server, RAM, Hard disk etc...
Give respect to your work, Instead of trying to impress your boss.
Blog : http://naveens-dotnet.blogspot.in/
- #7633331) Try to use where clause for restrict result.
2)Use predecessor "dbo." for tables.
3)Use proper join ("INNER JOIN ,OUTER JOIN ")
4) Try to avoid "OR" condition use "UNION" over there.
5) Try to avoid "IN" Operation .
6) Try To avoid "NOT IN" operation
7) Try to avoid "DISTINCT".
8) Try to avoid "CROSS JOIN".
9) Try to avoid use of Temporary Table. but if needed then define pre structure for that.
9) Define PRIMARY Key & UNIQUE Key Constraint for each table.
10) Try to avoid "HAVING Clause"
11)Include "SET NOCOUNT" at the first of your store Procedure.
12) Try to avoid "CURSOR".
13) Use "UNION ALL" Instead Of "UNION".
14) Try to create INDEX.
15) Create Index On column which is frequently used in Where , order by & Join.
16) Try to create index on Integer Column.
17) try to avoid "SELECT * " instead of it use "SELECT columnname,"
18) Use Sp_ExecuteSQL instead of EXECUTE
19)Use Explicity Index "With( INDEX( INDEXNAME)) with table.
20) Maximize the thread.
Direction is important than speed
Tips to Improve ASP.Net Performance:-
1. Plan and research before you develop
2. String concatenation
3 . Avoid round trips to the server
4.Use session variables carefully
6. Optimize code and exception handling
7. Use paging efficiently
8.Use stored procedures and indexes
Tips to improve SQl Server Performance
Locate I/o Bottlenecks
Root out problem queries
Monitor index Usage
Separate data and Log Files
pay Attention to Log Files
Minimize tempdb Contention
Change the Max Memory Limit