Hai Kali Raj,
I am providing the answers for the questions and the expectations from the interviewer:
1. How is your typical day in <<XYZ>> Project
A. The interviewer is expecting about the day to day role in the project.
2. Why and when did you join ?
A. The interviewer expectations is since how long you are working in the current company.
3. How would you differentiate yourself from others ?
A. The interviewer expectations is to showcase your difficult task and how you have handled it.
4. How do you use your spare time.
A. The expectations here is to know about extracurricular activities.
5. What will your friend say about you?
A. The expectations here is how do you help them(colleagues).
6. As a lead do you think all of them should travel to Onsite for transition?
A. The interviewer is expecting here that are you crazy about the onsite.
7. How do you best fit in team leader or test lead.
A. The expectations here to know more detailed about your role and managing the team in all aspects.
8. If your team finishes the task early,what you will do?
A. The expectations here is whether you help others to complete their tasks as well as do you do something else like contribution towards the organization etc.
9. how did you hear about this opening and what was your take?
A. The expectations here about the know the job requirements initiation and why you chosen this job profile.
10. Experience on onsite-offshore model.
A. The expectations here is to know the process you follow when working at offshore with the onsite guys.
11. About 24/7 work model onsite-offshore.
A. the expectations here is whether you are available to support all time(24/7).
12. What tools you have worked with ? Were you admin for the tool or end user?
A. To know about the tools you have worked before or do you know about them.
13. What is your best characteristic?
A. The expectations here is to know about the best fit of the job.
14. When you said your best characteristic is thirst for quality, If you are put to work in a NO-quality team...Will you be able to deliver?
A. The expectations here is that how you can deliver your 100%.
15. Will you interact with team members from different departments?
A. To know about the interaction with other department because as a test lead you might need to interact with the other departments too.
16. Are you friendly with your team/colleagues?
A. They want to know about friendliness with other team members.
17. What should a good tester keep in mind?
A. They are looking for the testing quality. What do you say is good test.
18. How you have been flexible in work -justify.
A. They are looking here how can you say that you were flexible like they are expecting your past example where you were flexible in terms of the job. Like whenever needed, you were available and completed the work.
19. With your experience, What do you think the ideal duration for this transition?
A. The interviewer expectations are whether you can evaluate the time of transition.
20. Challenges you faced in the previous projects
A. They are looking for the challenges you have faced as well as how you have handled them.
21. Educational Background
A. They want to know about your education etc.
22. Personal details - Family situation
A. They want to know about your family as well as the dependencies with the family.
23. Tell about last project
A. The expectations are to explain the complete details about the project as well your role in the project as an individual.
24. What do you know about Onsite(Country Name)
A. They are looking if you have travelled before to onsite and what was your experience.
25. What is your career aspirations...
A. They are looking for your growth.
26. Expectation from us(Client).
A. Here they are looking for your attitude like where do you want to be after 3 yrs 5 yrs as well as your expectations towards the salary growth.
27. What would you like to be .. Team member or Manager.
A. They are looking for your attitude towards the stability in the company.
28. What would your manager/ Mom / Team member tell about you.
A. They are looking for your work in the last company and appreciation you got.
29. How would you assign work to your team members
A. They are looking here for the processes you have followed.
30. What would you like to be .. Manager / Business Analyst
A. They are looking out for your interest towards the particular position.
31. How do you motivate your team
A. Here they are looking for the team which you will be handling and how you can manage them.
32. Have you worked in agile and scrum model projects.
A. They are looking for the Agile process here.
33. Don't you feel bad to be apart from your family for 3 months?
A. They are looking if you will be sent to onsite and whether you can go alone or you will go with the family.
34. Do you think, you still want to come to Onsite?
A. They are looking that whether your interest is only towards onsite or you will be happy to work at the offshore location.
Hope it will be helpful to you.
Pawan Awasthi(DNS MVM)
+91 8123489140 (whatsApp), +60 14365 1476(Malaysia)