You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: .NET

Window Application with timer make entry in evry second in Oracle listener.log

Hii Team,
    i am new to this forum so i am putting my first problem in the forum.
    Actually i m using window application for data fetching with timer.So this is working fine but problem is that i am using timer with 5 minutes(300000 mililseconds) but this making entry in oracle listener.log file of database in everysecond how while my interval is 5 minutes
    thanks in advance..
    Hi

With in the timertick event you should do the operation for making entry in oracle.
    As the intervel you gave 5 minutes for every 5 minutes timertick event has to fire.
    Post the logic which you used in the timertick event

Regards

Sai Krishna Reddy.

Hello Mohan Singh,

You can do like this :

Timer myTimer = new Timer();

private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    myTimer.Elapsed += new ElapsedEventHandler( DisplayTimeEvent );
    myTimer.Interval = 300000;
    myTimer.Start();
    }

public static void DisplayTimeEvent( object source, ElapsedEventArgs e )
    {
    MessageBox.Show(DateTime.Now);
    }

Hope this will help you.

Regards,
    Nirav Lalan
    DNS Gold Member
    "Failure is the path of least persistence"

Thanks for all reply...
    But my issue is that ,why it is making entry in every second(1 sec) in oracle listener.log file........
    while i am using the 5 minute interval so becs of DB user blameing me it is increasing session of oracle.
    likewise screenshot of listener.log below..

20-OCT-2015 11:12:53 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=SMCDB)(CID=(PROGRAM=D:\BOFInterface\BOFInterface\bin\Release\BOFInterface.exe)(HOST=BOF_MIS_INTERFA)(USER=BOF_MIS))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.15.21.108)(PORT=60968)) * establish * SMCDB * 0
    20-OCT-2015 11:12:54 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=SMCDB)(CID=(PROGRAM=D:\BOFInterface\BOFInterface\bin\Release\BOFInterface.exe)(HOST=BOF_MIS_INTERFA)(USER=BOF_MIS))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.15.21.108)(PORT=61060)) * establish * SMCDB * 0
    20-OCT-2015 11:12:54 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=SMCDB)(CID=(PROGRAM=D:\BOFInterface\BOFInterface\bin\Release\BOFInterface.exe)(HOST=BOF_MIS_INTERFA)(USER=BOF_MIS))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.15.21.108)(PORT=61080)) * establish * SMCDB * 0
    20-OCT-2015 11:12:54 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=SMCDB)(CID=(PROGRAM=D:\BOFInterface\BOFInterface\bin\Release\BOFInterface.exe)(HOST=BOF_MIS_INTERFA)(USER=BOF_MIS))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.15.21.108)(PORT=61099)) * establish * SMCDB * 0

Sign In to post your comments